I'm looking into purchasing a couple automatic horse waterers. Any strong opinions on what the best options would be? I want something that will be reliable. ...

1.7K VIEWS 4 COMMENTS LIKES

Hello! This is my first time ever posting on a forum, but I am looking for some support. I have a 12-year-old OTTB gelding with the sweetest personality and biggest heart. He has always had a weak back end and starts stiff moving under saddle, but this ...

1.4K VIEWS 1 COMMENTS LIKES

Got home last night and Shaylea showed me Chocolate had a big swelling with a scab, right under his left jawbone...... washed it off and removed the scab that was already coming off and it looks like strangles to me except no temp, no nasal discharge ...

1.7K VIEWS 10 COMMENTS LIKES

Hello all. This is my first time asking anyone on the internet about it, I've talked to my barefoot trimmer, vet, and other horsey people about it. I have full faith in my barefoot guy, he is great and really knows his stuff, but the crack just isn't ...

3.1K VIEWS 14 COMMENTS LIKES

I posted the first picture of Sunshine's foot after I took it April 10. I am including it and the one I took today.

Sorry about posting one picture twice. I was chatting with Hunter and got a bit lost in my posting here.

1.8K VIEWS 10 COMMENTS LIKES

Hey y'all just wondering if anyone has had any luck with muscle building supplement in senior horses? I have a 25 yo mare who is on Seminole senior wellness feed, AniFlex joint supplement and free reign on a pasture full of grass and clover but really ...

1.2K VIEWS 1 COMMENTS LIKES

My horse has a bump on her back leg and i'm not sure what it is. My farrier looked at it and said not to worry but it has gotten bigger and i'm worried. Could anybody help me out and tell me what you think it is? Its about a quarter size and a ...

1.6K VIEWS 6 COMMENTS LIKES

Chocolate, the appendix QH we are feed-leasing appears to have arthritis in his hips, hind legs. He moves pretty stiffly for the first 5 minutes when we ride, then seems to loosen up and in the past at least, did fine. I have him on MSM and recently added ...

1.6K VIEWS 10 COMMENTS LIKES

Friday morning me and my sister went out to the farm to feed our horse when we noticed her standing funny. When we called her she didn't come to the gate which isn't normal so we went in put a rope on her and tried getting her to walk when we ...

1.3K VIEWS 1 COMMENTS LIKES

We are looking at passing our oldest mare, Gizzy, on to a family with limited horse experience. The family has their own acreage and their kids (8 and 10) are in riding lessons, so they have local connections to horsey people. She is going with all her ...

1.7K VIEWS 4 COMMENTS LIKES

My question is kinda hard to put into words, but I'll try: my vet told me the day she came out to float Chief's teeth, that I needed to increase his salt intake to twice a day because she said his stools are too hard. Now Chief is doing good, ...

790 VIEWS 0 COMMENTS LIKES

I have a hard time finding wormers for horses. The use to sell Equivalan. When I went to the places that sold it they told me the main supplier has been out for 2 months. They said they would call me if they ever did get any but I doubt it ...it has been ...

2.2K VIEWS 10 COMMENTS LIKES

Hello everybody, first of all please excuse my bad english. I'm from germany. Since no one in german forums could help me, I try my luck here on a US-Forum. I'm search for supplements for the treatment of osteporosis. My veterinarian told me about ...

1.7K VIEWS 2 COMMENTS LIKES

I'm typically a label watcher with all of my animals, one of thoes annoying people in the pet store that ask a thousand questions only to end up making their own pet food any way. Just recently I recieved my first horse. She is severly underweight ...

Ok, So Since I just recently got back into horses within the last month and a half, I was late on stocking up a couple ton of hay for the season, it was either all sold out or all GARBAGE !! In turn meaning untill the next cuts come around i am forced ...

1.8K VIEWS 11 COMMENTS LIKES

So cowboy has ungodly sensitive skin, like the slightest bug bite makes him swell up, and he always has dry skin, and he's constantly getting some type of dry flakey skin or bacterial infections. I don't bathe him very often and I'm keeping ...

1.5K VIEWS 5 COMMENTS LIKES

She needs about 100 lbs. She gets senior feed(she's 2 , two scoops twice daily(general scoops you get from Dicky Bub's in the horse/cattle feed area), and I give her Ortho-Flex arthritic supplement daily. It's getting colder, so I'm not ...

1.7K VIEWS 9 COMMENTS LIKES

[blockquote]
[blockquote] I actually wrote this last Thur. 9/22/11. I am a new member and am posting just in hopes we can save a mule or horse from certain death - IF your circumstances are the same as ours. Be safe. Connie

================ ...

1.5K VIEWS 2 COMMENTS LIKES

I have a blue roan grulla who has 1 or 2 sores at a time on her shoulder ares. no tail or hindquarter effected. she seems to get worse when she rubs on ceader trees. Current on worming and vacc. treated for fungus for 3 months now. it will clear up and ...

1.4K VIEWS 4 COMMENTS LIKES

Here's my dilemma... my mare is eating her own manure. I have no idea why. My neighbor with the stalls next to mine told me she was doing it and I just thought it was the chickens that were going through it like they normally do (usually makes my ...

3.3K VIEWS 15 COMMENTS LIKES

Aubiose horse is a natural bed, made from flax and hemp. CucciolataAubiose is obtained from hemp, an annual grown senzapesticidi fungicide or insecticide. It 'also known as Hemp Horse bedding

Comments

I suppose it could be warts but they look so.... PINK... red,even which makes me think they must be painful if they're messed with....

Dani just got back from a 6 month stay in the countryside of Kentucky, being the toast of the town. NOW look ...

1.3K VIEWS 2 COMMENTS LIKES

Hi everyone! This is my first post and I was hoping that some you of out there could help me. I have a 20 yr. old Appy who is full of vigor. But last month he had two bouts with colic. We got him going again and he is back up to his old self. The vet ...

1.8K VIEWS 12 COMMENTS LIKES

Got to go pick up our boy this afternoon. Terrible traffic on the way there but he looks great! Last time he had surgery at a big facility and he was physically shaking when we picked him up. This time, he looked wonderful He's a little more gaunt ...

3.7K VIEWS 4 COMMENTS LIKES

Had my suspicions.... he had surgery about 4 yrs. ago to remove a squamous cell carcinoma tumor in his sheath area, expensive but well worth it. He's had a little scabby area on his skin on the outside corner of his sheath and the first time the vet ...

1.6K VIEWS 12 COMMENTS LIKES