Horse Stress
It may be hard to believe, but horses become stressed, just like humans. Stress is natural, but after long periods of time, it can take its toll on humans and horses, alike. Stress is a natural response to a threat. During a long, stressful ...

863 VIEWS 0 COMMENTS LIKES

Need to know what everyone thinks is the best thing for stomach ulcers?

Gastroguard
GastroMax3
Ulcerguard

1.2K VIEWS 1 COMMENTS LIKES

Ok so usually I can use Horse and Pony spray to keep the flies off Gunner but for some reason, they seem to be amuned to it this summer?! Anyways... I was searching around and keep hearing good things about the garlic supplement you feed your horse and ...

1.6K VIEWS 5 COMMENTS LIKES

Well today has been one of the most shocking and terrible days I have had to go though in awhile. Cozmo was starting to put weight on his leg a bit more and was moving around in his barn area quite well. Thought all was well and good! Then this morning ...

3K VIEWS 14 COMMENTS LIKES

Please take this survey as a part of my university research paper:

http://www.kwiksurveys.com/?s=ILOJOM_c56061d5

Thank you!

1.8K VIEWS 2 COMMENTS LIKES

Thanks for all of your advice that you guys shared in my prior post. I am glad to report that I have great news! We went through a second round of Adequan and it seems to have done the trick. He is now on his second monthly booster and he hasn't been ...

1.3K VIEWS 2 COMMENTS LIKES

here is something yall should check out. this is a site and download.
https://sites.google.com/site/myncda/home/news/evh-1informationandeducation

Trav

2K VIEWS 3 COMMENTS LIKES

Ok so went trail riding Friday night with a friend of mine at the lake; I was riding Cozmo. (for any of you who don't know who Cozmo is, I have other posts that will inform you) Tied the horses up to the horse trailer fed them, had super, put up our ...

Just a nice update on Thunder, our appendix QH gelding. He dropped a shocking amount of weight this fall when his diet was changed to grass hay; the other horses keep well on it but Thunder grew very gaunt and ribby - a humbling experience for an experienced ...

6.1K VIEWS 16 COMMENTS LIKES

I'll try to make a long story short. I live in a pretty rural area, especially for horse boarding. I board my horse at a umm....large property. It has a pole barn, a few pastures, 3 corrals for boarder. Not a high quality horse facility, not an equestrian ...

1.5K VIEWS 7 COMMENTS LIKES

I have a 22 year old QH mare that I recently moved to a new boarding stable. Yesterday I noticed a large, hard lump on her pectoral muscle in between her front legs, but to the right. It didn't seem hot. There is a scrape on it but it's healed ...

773 VIEWS 0 COMMENTS LIKES

Our gelding, Tahoe injured his stifle area in Jan. 2010, had a huge hematoma, approx. 12" across! We did the draining thing, etc. and eventually it receded but he has always had a weird spotty, scabby, wrinkly skin over the area since. Just this ...

My Mare has a bunch between her front legs, more on the underside, It is very hard and is open. There is some *** stuff coming out of it and sometimes blood. I have the vet coming but I am just curiouse if anyone has had experience with anything like ...

1.2K VIEWS 2 COMMENTS LIKES

Shasta is a 9 year old quarter horse mare. She is so docile that she has been supporting children with Hippotherapy for the past year. In the last month, she will pin ears and kick out when her sides are touched. While an adult is riding, conditioning ...

1.4K VIEWS 3 COMMENTS LIKES

I have a 2 year old mare that can't sweat-I live in Northern Minnesota-she has not hair. Does anyone have any suggestions? Vet wants to put her down but I'm going to try-she lives in a snow suit and boots so she is warm and is in during cold/storms ...

Just gathering info about how the progesterone shots work when using them to facilitate breeding AI. Planning to breed our blue roan QH mare to a blue roan Belgian this spring via AI.

on edit: who has experience with 'the shot' such as ...

770 VIEWS 0 COMMENTS LIKES

Hello all~
I have a 4 year old double registered pinto/paint that I recently purchased. He is just like a little boy and gets into everything. Two weeks ago, my mother went out to feed the horses and "Dakota" was standing out in the pasture ...

1.4K VIEWS 5 COMMENTS LIKES

Sorry put in wrong forum originally! I have a 19 y.o. Appy that I've owned for about 11 months. A couple weeks ago she started to cough (sounds more like she's backfiring). It is High pine and grass pollen season here which means everything is ...

866 VIEWS 0 COMMENTS LIKES

Hello Everyone,

Sorry, I know that this isn't a hoof question.
I have a gelding that turns 14 soon, that I put up for sale not to long ago since I don't have the funds to support a horse and myself at the moment. I had someone inquire ...

1.3K VIEWS 3 COMMENTS LIKES

It will soon be time to vet my Appy and she is a horrible patient. The vet we've used the last two years has speculated she was either very sick when she was young or was treated very roughly when given shots/having blood taken. Regardless of cause ...

1.5K VIEWS 4 COMMENTS LIKES

It's been about a week, but just to see if you guys could help figure out what was wrong with Buddy. On Saturday, 2-19-11...I had gotten Buddy all ready to go into the trailer for a 4-H clinic I was going to...then when I started walking him he had ...

5.4K VIEWS 19 COMMENTS LIKES

My husband's 6 yo draft paint cross was recently diagnosed with arthritis in his shoulder. The vet put him on a round of adequan which worked while he was taking the shots. A week after the round of shots was over, he was lame again. The vet suggested ...

1.4K VIEWS 7 COMMENTS LIKES

Well not sure how many of the "Old Timers" remember me, but I have been on this forum previously with a name very similar to this one, but couldn't remember my password...so here I am to start again!
Now, down to the problem....My horse ...

1.5K VIEWS 10 COMMENTS LIKES

Hi all-
For the past few months, my horse has had swelling in the throatlatch area and in his cheeks (where his molars would be). I had the dentist come out and there was nothing out of the ordinary, so we called the vet. The vet suggested allergies ...

1.4K VIEWS 3 COMMENTS LIKES

Hello, I am putting my mare on Adequan IM shots. I am trying to shop Adequan because dang it is expensive. So, if you don't mind me asking, how much do you pay Adequan users? If you get in online will you please let me know where? This horse means ...