Quick Post

bump on leg

bump on leg
  • My horse has a bump on her back leg and i'm not sure what it is. My farrier looked at it and said not to worry but it has gotten bigger and i'm worried. Could anybody help me out and tell me what you think it is? Its about a quarter size and a little soft but for most part its hard. She don't seem bothered by it and its not warm to the touch.
  • The cratches are new came after i found the bump
  • If you're really concerned you should probably check with a vet.  If you trust your farrier, try that advice. If it was my horse I'd keep an eye on it but I think the "don't worry" advice is good. Might be a bug bite. Scratching might mean itching? I really don't know. If I was really worried I'd call the horse farm neighbors.... if I hadn't moved.
  • I had called the vet and he cant come out till Monday. I do trust my farrier but it has got bigger. She is an older horse almost 21
  • I'll hope for the best for ya. Let us know what the doc says, okay? I have a blind horse who is.... um... 24?-ish  Another who is probably 21. My Zag is probably 16 now. *gulp*
  • I ended up just taking her to the vet last night. And my vet said nothing to worry about. Just scar tissue from a kick or something. Was very happy to find out i could stop worrying
  • Glad to hear she's fine.  The scratches look like a hoof print!  Welcome to the forum, BTW!  Join us in our morning General Chat!