5 Sep 2013 3:18 PM

Been working on taking rocky out to the trails - real trails haha (not just down the road). it's really hard for me to handle both of my donks at the same time and I need to work on ponying etc in a safer environment. So we have been working on Rocky ...

6K VIEWS 6 COMMENTS LIKES
16 Jan 2013 1:18 AM

So, I recently acquired a horse by the (unregistered) name Cheyenne. She's "grade" however I know what breed(s) she is. She is a QH x Percheron. I can't register her as a dun/buckskin since she is partial draft. I would like to register ...

4.7K VIEWS 7 COMMENTS LIKES
4 Oct 2012 2:34 AM

Hey everyone! haven't posted in forever! Wanted to share Daisy's latest vid. Been going through some basics with clicker training. Spent lots of time on the ground & felt like she was ready to try it under saddle! I think she did fantastic ...

3.9K VIEWS 2 COMMENTS LIKES

Comments

3 Sep 2012 8:20 PM
16 Aug 2012 12:08 AM

I haven't been around here much lately - things just too busy this time of year for goofing off on the Net; but some of you may remember Sally Mule from last fall. My husband and I picked her up for $400 in October and have been absolutely in love ...

8.4K VIEWS 19 COMMENTS LIKES
25 Jul 2012 12:24 PM

We got kidd from a gal who bought him for ten cents a pound at a feed lot in Nevada. Apperently his parents were mustangs. So many would call him grade. His trainer who worked with mustangs said he was sure that Kidd was one. What do you think? ...

2.3K VIEWS 1 COMMENTS LIKES
14 Jul 2012 6:05 AM

I rescued a mare from slaughter who was pregnant. She looks hackney but doesn't have the crazy high gait. Not sure if the gait is something that has to be taught or if it's natural. She also gave birth to a stud colt that looks like a haflinger ...

3.4K VIEWS 6 COMMENTS LIKES
9 Jul 2012 1:39 PM

I'd always assumed my guy was just bay until a few weeks ago when someone mentioned he could be dun. Since then, I've done some research and am still not sure what to think, so I'm seeking others' opinions. I haven't found any pictures ...

3.3K VIEWS 2 COMMENTS LIKES
29 Jun 2012 11:09 AM

I have a 1 year 1 month old colt who has been changes colors every two months. I know they are suppose to. But who wants to guess what he will be? [h2][/h2]
Let Me Describe Him.

Day 1. Born very very light pale coloring with a light dorsal ...

2.6K VIEWS 1 COMMENTS LIKES
28 Jun 2012 3:19 PM

Help Paint folks please.
I love paints but don't know a thing about them. Well, LUCKY me!!!! My very first mule baby is a Paint!!! So, what kind of paint is he?
Can you help me?
Mom is a blood bay QH, Dad is a red roan jack with some "paint" ...

3.2K VIEWS 2 COMMENTS LIKES
26 Jun 2012 7:44 PM

Took some video of our most recent trail ride - warning helmet cam lol with techno music. hehe

I ponied daisy because I didn't have anyone to ride her, nor do I have an extra saddle. So I was a total newb, but we made it through it! Rocky bolted ...

4.1K VIEWS 2 COMMENTS LIKES
21 Jun 2012 3:52 PM

I attended the 2012 Donkey Clinic up here in Northern Calif this last weekend. It was VERY hot, but we all had a good time!

we had a live webcast & I filmed the entire thing for a DVD for the rescue to sell.
We covered trimming
here's ...

4.5K VIEWS 2 COMMENTS LIKES
9 May 2012 4:54 PM

wow I've been busy, it's been a long time since I've been on here!
Lets see, Rocky & Daisy are great! They're starting to shed out a bit (oh yay hair everywhere LOL), I've got their donk cam back up, so that's fun.

4.2K VIEWS 3 COMMENTS LIKES
21 Apr 2012 4:12 AM

Hello every one. I'm an oldy that hasn't been around for quite some time. I thought I would let some of the ones that were around when I was that Lucky's Liberty is growing up. I am getting her ready for her first pleasure driving class the ...

4.2K VIEWS 8 COMMENTS LIKES
28 Feb 2012 3:40 AM

I adopted a pony when she was 1 1/12 yrs. old. she is now 3 1/2 . she has feathers on her front so I assume she is part draft. she has ears that are lean and curve in when they perk up. she is bay,white,and black.{paint}. her tail is real thick and straight ...

3.2K VIEWS 2 COMMENTS LIKES
8 Feb 2012 12:07 AM

the gal that owns the steers trailered my donks out to the trails for me & led daisy so I could ride Rocky. They both did so fantastic!! So proud of my asses!!

warning, another helmet cam vid & me yapping away the whole time!!
http ...

6K VIEWS 7 COMMENTS LIKES
2 Feb 2012 11:54 AM

So last weekend I rode both days! ( lol that never happens)
Saturday I went trail riding on a STEER!! haha, my first time!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ha06qEJGh8

and Sunday I took Rocky for a ride, it was his first time down the ...

6.1K VIEWS 13 COMMENTS LIKES
9 Dec 2011 1:08 AM

Everyone who knows me already knows I'm genetically challenged.... [8|] ...never sounds right.

I got a call from the horse farm neighbors. They had guests and wanted to show them Danica. This is the lady who emailed me because I had a Silhoette ...

12.2K VIEWS 29 COMMENTS LIKES
24 Nov 2011 1:25 AM

Been staying busy with Sally. Had some trouble trying to lunge her in the open and her running back into the barn to get away Cute, but not good. So we are working in our super muddy roundpen. Amazingly, she has not slipped once in that mud, any of the ...

3.9K VIEWS 7 COMMENTS LIKES
13 Nov 2011 7:39 PM

I guess the proper place for my mule thread would have been here..... So I will link it http://forum.horse.com/tm.aspx?m=27350 And keep my updates on Sally here. This is what I THINK about her so far, but don't know for sure. She was handled properly ...

4.3K VIEWS 12 COMMENTS LIKES
3 Nov 2011 3:03 AM

My horse chiropractor took this picture of an appaloosa mare today, one of her clients wondering what this would be called? Any ideas?

3.9K VIEWS 5 COMMENTS LIKES
21 Oct 2011 1:19 AM

Here she is as a baby. Her mom is in the background, Jockey club TB and her sire is a Hanoverian, Devon Heir who is black. What color do you think Jewel is? The first picture is of her sire.

As a coming 2 yr. old

3 yrs. old-need to ...

16.2K VIEWS 19 COMMENTS LIKES
18 Sep 2011 4:06 PM

Didnt quite know how to title this!! haha

wanted to share some donkey related things.

First I made a stuffed donkey!! the pattern was for a horse, but with a few modifications I turned it into a donkey!!

and man did ...

3.8K VIEWS 4 COMMENTS LIKES
10 Sep 2011 6:29 AM

I thought that it would be nice if we had a thread to show off our gaited horses in and tell a bit about them and ourselves, like why we chose gaited horses why we love them and so on. I'll go first.......

I bought my first gaited horse when ...

5.4K VIEWS 14 COMMENTS LIKES
8 Sep 2011 4:31 AM

[size="0"]
This is an article that I wrote and submitted to Going Gaited Online Magazine. They accepted and published it on their website. It's an article about the breed/type of horse that I have owned trained and bred for a large ...

8.2K VIEWS 3 COMMENTS LIKES
29 Aug 2011 2:59 AM

Took miss Daisy out for a ride yesterday! Rocky is tender from getting a rock crammed in his foot, so I've been letting him just hang out. Daisy needed some saddle time anyways.

she did fantastic, other than drive by snacking the entire time ...

3.7K VIEWS 5 COMMENTS LIKES