Quick Post

Rocky's 2nd Solo ride

Rocky's 2nd Solo ride
  • Been working on taking rocky out to the trails - real trails haha (not just down the road).  it's really hard for me to handle both of my donks at the same time and I need to work on ponying etc in a safer environment. So we have been working on Rocky feeling ok being without daisy, which I didn't think was possible!! haha (he really loves her).

this is our 2nd time out and we went on a real trail ride with our cowpal Jazzy the longhorn. It was great! we had a few moments but most of the time it was such a great ride!  Here's a quick pic and vid!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbwiKuetSuU

• LOVED your video and how the music goes with his quick steps! Also loved looking at those long ears turning this way and that ':)' Funny how he's going along behind a longhorn but when you come to the pasture of cows, he looks like "What are those???"
  • I always love your videos! It's a wonder you didn't cause some auto accidents riding a long horn and a donkey. ':D'
  • Its really funny (kinda ) that you say that. While we were taking a break letting Jazzy and Rocky graze we actually heard an auto accident. We walked down the trail and a teenager had drove his car off the side of the road - everyone was ok thankfully!! Kim made a comment that she was glad we didn't cause that! haha. Yes we do get alot of looks when we are near the road.

I actually got a bit of the tires screeching and the sound of the kids car taking out a sign on the side of the road on my gopro. 

Just happy no one was hurt!
  • Always love your videos.  Have missed seeing you on here.  Rocky seems to have a wonderful gait.  You are doing a great job with him.  Was that a BLM brand on his neck?
    If so, he is truly blessed to have come to you.
  • Awww Thanks.  
    Yes he is blm ':)'
    I asked on my donkey group if he gaits at all because at a few points it felt as though he could easily trot, but instead he was doing a fast walk that is smoother than his slow walk.  I think he was pacing.
    I thought it was pretty cool!!!

Hopefully we will have many more rides ti come,  I am still so proud that he is able to be on the trails without another donkey. 
  • There's a rescue here, 808 Equine Rescue, that has several donkeys from another island. I feel bad because I don't believe those people know what to do with them. I've thought about you so much when it comes to them. But I don't go there anymore. The place is steeped in attitude and that's no way to be. I prefer not to be around it, especially since I'll work my butt off and STILL? Really? Attitude? No thanks. 

Anyway I love your videos, too, and the longhorn is amazing. When I enlarged the screen and turned the laptop towards Jeff I said "there's something wrong with this girl" LOL And he sat there staring with his mouth hanging open.  HAHAHAHA  Love it!!!  Really good to see you. [':)']