Quick Post

Donkey Stuff!!

Donkey Stuff!!
  • Didnt quite know how to title this!! haha

wanted to share some donkey related things.

First I made a stuffed donkey!! the pattern was for a horse, but with a few modifications I turned it into a donkey!!

and man did that have teeny tiny pieces!! I'm not a 'detailed' sewer so it was an experience for sure!!

lol I named him baxter.

This is another project I'm working on, it's a saddle britchen for a friends donkey, I got the 'butt' strap all sewed up, it's lined with neoprene.

I also put a coat of paint on my trailer ( after weeks of grinding off the paint) trying to get it totally sealed before it starts raining..

It's going to be white, the silver paint is rust bullet, I've got another coat to put on today, then I'm going to put on their 'white shell' product. Trying to make it as 'buff' as possible!! I'm also going to do a bedliner product on the lower third of the walls to help protect the paint from pawing and kicks. I could not for the life of me get those front pads off!! They're screwed to a piece of wood that is bolted to the front of the trailer. I decided to leave it. I think next year I might go through the trailer again, ( in sections though!! this year I bit off more than I could chew!!)
    next year I'm also going to be repainting the outside, right now it looks like hell, but I'm going to be repainting it, then airbrushing something on it. I'm open to suggestions!!

I know that on the back doors I want to put something like 'ass taxi' or 'hauling ass'! whatever I decide to paint it'll probably have some humor to it!!
  • Love your little donkey.  Have to find some big brown buttons for eyes!

Your trailer is looking good.  Need to work on mine, got repainted before I bought it but they didn't put any rust repellent on first.....

Thanks for sharing!
  • oh buttons would be perfect!!

I'll let ya know how the rust bullet does. I put another coat on today, I had left over paint so I covered ups some spots on the outside, this paint requires very little prep so I thought 'why not'. LOL now my trailer looks really funny, but the rust is covered!!

Supposed to be good stuff, hope it works out well!
  • I redid an old trailer several years ago. If the old forum here had not crashed, there was a thread with pictures of the process. Oh, well...

WARNING! When that bedliner spray says "Use in well ventilated area", it does NOT mean inside a horse trailer with the doors open. After the first spray, I learned to do that deep breathing like for diving and then to hold my breath while I ran in to spray the bedliner then run out again to take another breath. Actually, I used the bedliner to line the manger area. I used spray undercoat to do the area where the horses' legs and hooves would bang the sides (mostly the front).

• aww I wouldve loved to seen them! argh. I did lots of research & didn't find much progress photos on the net.

Thanks for the warning!! the stuff I'm getting is roll on & I wear full gear, so hopefully it won't kill me!! LOL