I have a 2 year old gelding that I'm starting work under saddle. He's had the bit in his mouth 5 or 6 times then started refusing to the point of rearing. I have no idea what changed. I've used the same D-ring every time. He'll let me ...

3.1K VIEWS 5 COMMENTS LIKES

Hello everyone, I'm new to these forums! I have always been asking myself if horses enjoy being ridden. I do not own a horse. Instead I ride the same one every week. She is very sweet and cuddles with me. Since she loves me, I was wondering if she ...

1.5K VIEWS 0 COMMENTS LIKES

I just bought the Soft Saddle G2 By Cashel and I can't figure how to attach the girth! Any help out there?! ...

3.3K VIEWS 3 COMMENTS LIKES

We have a horse that is taking out her boredom on being naughty. I am new to the horseworld so I feel a bit lost here. Only thing I can think of is training tricks but not sure what treats to use since she is a little on the overweight side of the scale ...

3K VIEWS 11 COMMENTS LIKES

Let me start by saying I had written an ENTIRE post, clicked preview, my screen locked up and it was completely lost - - I am seriously SICK! SO, this post will be nowhere near as descriptive and loving as my first one was - - let me say: I#%92m falling ...

3.1K VIEWS 12 COMMENTS LIKES

We Have a now 2 year old Qtr/Draft on 2 acres. Elder gelding taught him to nudge the door. Now he was pushing it open. We found a whip/paddle hollow with a rattling noise, and each day, am stepping him furthor back. He seems to be getting better. But ...

997 VIEWS 0 COMMENTS LIKES

I just bought a new gelding who will be 2 in June. Really has had no work done with him but being halter broke. I know he is just a baby but he really seems to ignore you when you are leading him and you stop. He will stop for a second but he HATES standing ...

2.7K VIEWS 5 COMMENTS LIKES

My mare has been out of work for awhile and I have to recondition her. When I owned my horse before I was able to work with him daily and this time around, at least right now, I am not able to because of my work schedule and she is boarded an hour away ...

965 VIEWS 0 COMMENTS LIKES

I'm looking for a mounting aide that works well on the trail. I know it's not only is bad for the horses back (especially when you're not thin and nimble) but it's bad for our backs as well to mount from the ground especially onto a taller ...

3.7K VIEWS 5 COMMENTS LIKES

Never seen him do it before. I've been looking all over the web and can't really pinpoint if it's headshaking or what. It's mostly just a 1 time upward jolt and he's doing it in the pasture and when we are doing drills or just grazing ...

2.4K VIEWS 4 COMMENTS LIKES

Im 15 and I have a 5 year old mare, who I've owned for about 1 1/2 years She's mostly been quite a sweet mare, sometimes quite spooky and bucky as she was very young when i got her and gets nervous on her own. Sometimes she will try and bite when ...

2.4K VIEWS 9 COMMENTS LIKES

Hello!
I need a bit of help. The horse I am currently leasing is extremely lazy, and so far on the forehand that I'm afraid he's going to trip over himself. He is completely dead to my leg, so I tried to school him with a crop. All I did was ...

2.2K VIEWS 3 COMMENTS LIKES

Hello,

I'm looking into buying a new dressage saddle. However, I recently acquired a new project horse (Percheron x Quarter Horse). I never thought I'd be saying this but I am looking into getting into the hunter circuit for a while ...

2.4K VIEWS 1 COMMENTS LIKES

Athena, still trying to figure out the bit

Warmed up in the arena before we left

Enjoying the view at the top of Flat Top

Me and my boy

Kelly and Athena after we went across the stream a couple times on our ...

3.4K VIEWS 2 COMMENTS LIKES

I'm sure this topic has been covered many times but I can't find a recent thread.
Please direct me if you can.

My new mare pins her ears back when being fed especially if you stand close to the fence where her bucket is hung. I thought ...

2.1K VIEWS 7 COMMENTS LIKES

I am soooo excited! My riding buddy found out there is going to be a Buck Brannaman clinic here in Riverside in April so she called and we are in!! Expensive so that's my Christmas and birthday present but we figured, it's a once in a lifetime ...

2.3K VIEWS 3 COMMENTS LIKES

Hey guys!

My grey horse Magoo is a Peruvian Paso Fino and from what I've read he needs a gaited saddle so he can move more freely or something like that. I've done a little research to find a nice saddle for Magoo, but they are all 1,000 ...

2.9K VIEWS 3 COMMENTS LIKES

Over this summer I've decided to fine tune my horse's skills. But I'm been stuck on leads. How are ways to figure out what lead a horse is on, while on the ground and in the saddle? I've heard to look at which front leg lands first, and ...

1.7K VIEWS 2 COMMENTS LIKES

Beautiful photoblog about a girl's experience in the Extreme Mustang Challenge:

http://s1339.beta.photobucket.com/user/Summer_Brennan/story/18387

1.8K VIEWS 1 COMMENTS LIKES

My horse is Hard to Catch and Very Stubborn and Lazy what should i Do? ...

2.3K VIEWS 7 COMMENTS LIKES

I need to replace the swarovski crystals in my bridle. I need to replace everything including the outer metal part needs to go to. So does anyone know where I can buy them. Thanks. ...

1K VIEWS 0 COMMENTS LIKES

Took her out on trail today. Kelly ponied her off Tahoe who is being really good about it too. She was a little excited when we first went out of the gate as her pasture buddy was throwing a fit at being left alone but as soon as we headed out, she settled ...

1.7K VIEWS 1 COMMENTS LIKES

Comments

24 Nov 2012 2:50 AM

We've been checking Kelly's new mare out, looking for holes in her foundation and so far she seems to be doing well. She respects your space, leads, ties, can be touched allover, can get her feet done, handled, you can catch her, lunges, gets ...

1.7K VIEWS 2 COMMENTS LIKES

Took my trailer to a horse trailer place in Norco for some repairs (broken window latch, broken ramp spring, lights not working in the tack room and interior of the trailer) and found out the ramp spring broke because the ramp needs to be replaced... ...

2.8K VIEWS 5 COMMENTS LIKES

Looking for a trainer in the upstate NY area or a trainer that will come travel to me. If I really felt comfortable with the trainer, I'd be willing to send my horse out for training but I really prefer that I be able to watch and learn from the process ...

1.6K VIEWS 1 COMMENTS LIKES