Hello Everyone! So, Most of you already know that I have a 7 year old Arabian/Paint, and That I had some training problems with her, Well I DON'T know what happened, But one day I tried this new training method and IT TOTALLY WORKED, Something just ...

1.6K VIEWS 0 COMMENTS LIKES

Hey everyone I just joined this site and its really new to me so im trying to figure it out but that's not my major problem now. I just got a new horse named Amigo and he is settling okay but my main problem is that he hates the barn and all he wants ...

3K VIEWS 2 COMMENTS LIKES

Hi, So I moved my horses over to my house (because I own 10 acres) and honestly everything has changed! Wolfe is amazing! But one problem she hasn't cantered like ever only once but that was in a arena and where they are we don't have a round ...

4.1K VIEWS 3 COMMENTS LIKES

Hi, again so, let me tell you about my problem. I am a 13 year old trainer which a lot of you will jump to conclusions that i have no experience and suck, but the horse I own her name is Wolfe She is a Arab/Paint mix and I've been training her And ...

2.9K VIEWS 1 COMMENTS LIKES
16 Feb 2015 5:09 PM

Hello everyone im ashamed to admit this but I think I have a racist horse, I got her 2 years ago she was an ex bucking horse and a Hispanic man gave her to me, She was a terrible sight and it took me a year to break her. Yesterday I rode her out along ...

5.6K VIEWS 3 COMMENTS LIKES

Hi, So recently I bought my 2 horses that I've been leasing for 3 years(well kind've leasing hard to explain) But anyway One I have been training her name Is Wolfe and she is an Arabian, But there is one problem... She doesn't canter or gallop ...

3.5K VIEWS 5 COMMENTS LIKES

Help! My 11 year old, abused rescue, quarter horse, that's finally getting weight on is throwing a fit. Today I went to see him right after his lunch and groomed him and put his boot on. He did fine though all this without a lead rope on in his stall ...

3.4K VIEWS 3 COMMENTS LIKES

If anyone enjoys shopping for saddles, could you recommend a decent saddle for a young lady who is serious about her riding and will be starting barrel racing soon. I'm not opposed to Ebay at all! I know nothing about Western saddles. It would have ...

5.2K VIEWS 5 COMMENTS LIKES

Hello! I've started roping a few months ago, and am just getting the basics down. This January is the only big rodeo that has Breakaway events in my area, so I want to enter. But I only have a barrel saddle, and I won't be doing Breakaway enough ...

3.2K VIEWS 2 COMMENTS LIKES

New forum dedicated to confidence building: http://onerideatatime.forumchitchat.com/

1.2K VIEWS 0 COMMENTS LIKES

I bought a 15 year old Paint mare that has been a pasture pet for the past 6+ years, her training so far has gone really well. I have her started under saddle, she takes the bit well, and has good ground manners. I have spent most of my training in the ...

2.3K VIEWS 1 COMMENTS LIKES
10 Jul 2014 5:43 PM

Hi! I am hoping to acquire my first horse - He's a Bay Gelding Thoroughbred, 8 yrs old, fully trained, 16.1 hands, 1200lbs - and I'm sure it sounds silly, but I was wondering how to buy a saddle for him. There are a few place around me that sell ...

4.5K VIEWS 7 COMMENTS LIKES

Specifically, Kate's brand Aussie saddles or Rideabout brand Aussie. How has the leather and stitching held up? Girth leathers, buckles, D's and other hardware? The underskirting?

I love riding in the standard Aussie I have, and now ...

5K VIEWS 3 COMMENTS LIKES

Anyone get a western saddle repaired? Tonight I noticed the lacing that keeps the skirts together came undone. You can see I tried to tie it back together but I doubt it will hold long. The fleece around the area has been worn since I got it but I never ...

4.3K VIEWS 5 COMMENTS LIKES

Hi please excuse the spelling. I am a western rider. I ride in a 15 inch seat and a half quarter horse saddle with a thick pad. I am 4ft 8in and weigh 125 lb. My horse is gaining weight. I would like to know how to tell if the saddle is too small for ...

4K VIEWS 4 COMMENTS LIKES

Can I have some of the basics for ground training, ridden work, jumping training and gymnastic for the horse. I'm new to horses and id like some pointers on how to do these and do them properly. To eventually compete in dressage and jumping. I ride ...

3.9K VIEWS 8 COMMENTS LIKES

what am i missing for my horse in the way of tack for both disciplines? I have: western saddle,( mohair, rayon, fleece, felt, PVC cinches),1 thin saddle pad, one thick saddle pad, a leather show halter, a nylon halter, a rope halter, shipping boots, polo ...

3K VIEWS 2 COMMENTS LIKES

Hello I am new to this forum and i'm looking for some help. Long story short i'm not new to horses but I've only had my mare since June. And i'm still trying to figure out what type of bit to use on her. With my previous mare I used a ...

2.9K VIEWS 2 COMMENTS LIKES

SO I got to go to the AQHA world show this past weekend which was amazing! It was my first horse show I have ever been to and I had an awesome, very horse savvy friend go with me to kind of act like my own personal tour guide and to answer the millions ...

4.2K VIEWS 11 COMMENTS LIKES

Hello
I have reciently bought a lovely cob mare who has recently been broken. She is excellent in walk however lacks balance in trot and we have no steering!
Has anyone got any good advice on how I can re - school her improving her steering, balance ...

3.2K VIEWS 5 COMMENTS LIKES

I just ordered my new saddle! I'm so excited. It's supposed to take a week to get here and I'm not going to be able to wait that long! Now- I just have to find a headstall and breastcollar that match! Any suggestions on where to get horn wrapping ...

3.7K VIEWS 6 COMMENTS LIKES

Well- I'm going to attempt to steal my mom's stallion. I was given the task to start him in reining and get him ready to show next year. He is a coming 6 year old who acts like a 20 year old gelding. For the heck of it, I got on bareback with ...

3.4K VIEWS 3 COMMENTS LIKES

I recently started leasing a 11 y/o Quarter horse. I am the only rider he's really had in the last year or so. From what I've been able to gather, he was never "professionally broke" but had been a trail horse for younger kids until ...

2.5K VIEWS 2 COMMENTS LIKES

We have a 7 year old mare who over a period of several weeks has changed a lot. Yesterday when I went to feed her she charged me. Again when I went to let her out into the pasture she charged me again. Both times I yelled at her and waved my arms and ...

3.5K VIEWS 11 COMMENTS LIKES

Started up Sally Mule's training again. She's a sweetheart but evasion is her modus operandi. She is so mellow that it is also easy to forget how little she knows. She's had about 7 rides on her, right now the focus is forward motion, flexing ...

2.6K VIEWS 2 COMMENTS LIKES