23 Aug 2014 12:14 PM

We've finally gotten to the point where we are seriously looking for a used barn or to build a barn and I'm open to ideas for things you might have or have seen that would be good.

Basically I want a tack room, feed room, an overhang to ...

12K VIEWS 35 COMMENTS LIKES

Besides feed, water, and shelter, what are the top 10 things you MUST have for your horse?

Mine would be:
10. Lounge Whip
9. Crop
8. Hoof pick
7. Body brush
6. Corona... I don't know what that boy gets into, but he's ...

3K VIEWS 13 COMMENTS LIKES

Does anyone know a good way that cleans mud and other junk out of a horse blanket. I have tried everything and i cant seem to clean it. it stinks horribly. it is nylon material. if you want any more information about it just ask. I think the mud is packed ...

2.7K VIEWS 5 COMMENTS LIKES

have any of you jumped bareback?? ive seen some videos of Alycia Burton and its amazing... i think im gonna try sometime it sounds like so much fun!![ ] im planning on ending up on the ground a few times!![8D] ...

2.8K VIEWS 8 COMMENTS LIKES

how in the world do i keep my inspiration up in this bitter cold?? we dont have an arena (indoor or out) so everything has to be done outside in the cold windy weather! brrrrr! it would be one thing if it was at least sunny but when its gray it takes ...

1.9K VIEWS 2 COMMENTS LIKES

Last June, I used a small inheritance from my beloved mother to put up a 10 stall barn. I had the pad cut some time ago, but had my identity stolen, so had to put the barn on hold. I am very pleased with this barn. I had it made so I can move the panels ...

2.5K VIEWS 7 COMMENTS LIKES

Have been emailing back and forth with the owner, said there is no reason this mare can't be put under saddle. She wanted $1000 for her but has had some people flake out on her and asked if we could offer more than $500. Kelly has offered to pitch ...

6.5K VIEWS 16 COMMENTS LIKES

This young mare looks like she would make a great hunter-type prospect. Thinking of going to try her out. She is younger so that could mean we'd have her longer but her conformation looks good. In the mounted picture her left hind looks funny but ...

1.3K VIEWS 1 COMMENTS LIKES

Saw this mare on craigslist. She looks absolutely adorable and the price is very tempting. Could be a fun project for Kelly and I to take on and sell later. Any thoughts? Her shoulder looks a little upright but her pasterns look OK so not sure if it's ...

2.9K VIEWS 8 COMMENTS LIKES

Friend of mine posted this: Looks cleaner than my house!

1.4K VIEWS 1 COMMENTS LIKES

Comments

I'm still working on my "mock business plan", and I have to make list of the services I will provide at my mock boarding facility. I was wondering if anyone could give me any ideas of a service that would make you pick boarding your horse ...

2.3K VIEWS 10 COMMENTS LIKES

Alright, my question is does anybody here have any good ideas for an arena ?? My property is limited space, and iv never had an arena before so being new to this, wondering what the idea arena size would be, im not looking to host any big events, just ...

1.6K VIEWS 3 COMMENTS LIKES

I'm new to the forum and to horses so please forgive if this question has been asked and answered. I recently bought a place that has a 4 horse wooden stall. I've got 4 in it and they are literally eating there way through 2x6 timbers. They're ...

2.9K VIEWS 13 COMMENTS LIKES

what makes a horse eat poop? ...

1.4K VIEWS 2 COMMENTS LIKES

We are already planning for winter. We are looking into putting the hay in nets to slow down consumption and help the boredom factor. Our horses typically only stay in the barn at night. However, reviews on such nets are all over the place. Mainly, we ...

2.5K VIEWS 5 COMMENTS LIKES

[ ]I am not happy walking around the stabe in breeches!!

Anyone agree?

1.6K VIEWS 3 COMMENTS LIKES

Hubbyand I went and looked at a tractor tonight near here, good deal, had them start it up, pull it out and put it through it's paces, hubby checked the transmission and engine oil, all good. Were able to get it for $500 less than asking because one ...

1.8K VIEWS 6 COMMENTS LIKES
22 May 2011 12:50 AM

I can't ever manage to keep my hay dry, it gets dusty and them i have to take the time to water it down because my horse has heaves. Can anyone help?[8|]

2.2K VIEWS 8 COMMENTS LIKES

I seem to have a bunch of carpenter bees in my barn. The little dears are eating the inside of the horse barn (only the part that's not pressure-treated wood) and I've seen a few heading to the roof joists. I generally leave bees alone as they ...

1.9K VIEWS 5 COMMENTS LIKES

Anyone have any ideas how to get rid of the little devils without poisoning our horses, cats and dogs? ...

1.9K VIEWS 5 COMMENTS LIKES

I don't know if it would do anything for horseflies but the small black flies don't stand a chance!
http://www.fliesbegone.com/

We've got these things all over the place. They work great.

2.5K VIEWS 7 COMMENTS LIKES

They are back!

I encourage you to check your horses good for ticks. Around here, SC, they can be bad. The trouble is, the ticks like soft skin naked skin. Which means between back legs, around anus, vulva, and nipples. Ticks can cause significant ...

2.4K VIEWS 9 COMMENTS LIKES

Hello, im recently opening a horse facility in my area. However this is my first farm that im operating. I dont have a name. I just need any tips. Like when the best time to get hay or whats the best feed or combination of feed to give that will satisfy ...

2.1K VIEWS 10 COMMENTS LIKES

I have a part cement, part wood (solid timbers) floor in my run-in shelter for my horses (I bought the place that way and can't afford expensive changes). I have rubber mats on the floor. We live in Minnesota, so freezing temps all winter. I am having ...

2.2K VIEWS 8 COMMENTS LIKES

Last year when we moved our horses to our own barn the funds were not available to do anything other than dirt floors that the barn came with.

Before moving the horses in I tilled all the stalls to loosen the dirt and allow for better drainage ...

2K VIEWS 8 COMMENTS LIKES