I Just Put A New wood fence inside of my run in to keep my four horses out of the round bails of hay,and to alow them to eat but not tramp in it.the problem is they have started to chew on the new pt wood.what can i use to stop or deture them from doing ...

2.2K VIEWS 9 COMMENTS LIKES

Thanks to great writing, real-life NYC backgrounds, and enthusiastic acting by the four female leads,
Sex and the City is nearly flawless in its excellence and fun. If it has a flaw, perhaps it is that it is ‘completely addicting#%92! Sex and the ...

859 VIEWS 0 COMMENTS LIKES

i have got a limping horse but i dont know if her leg is broken or not we r going to call the vet but i want know if it is just a broken leg or something else ...

1.9K VIEWS 6 COMMENTS LIKES

I am going to built an outside arena, it will be 100 x 200 ft, I got 2 way and 2 prices to make the footing, and I would like your comment on that. The first way is to remove the grass, add a membrane, add 6 in of gravel 0-3/4 in and add 4 in of sand ...

1.7K VIEWS 3 COMMENTS LIKES
27 Jul 2010 10:43 AM

My wife and I have been searching and have not came up with anything on our problem.
Our indoor riding arena has rubber on the floor. Over the years there has been alot of dust settle on the rubber. It does have a clay footing. We would like to try ...

1.4K VIEWS 1 COMMENTS LIKES

These things are big and can fly ... they give me the creeps. Know anyway to get rid of them? Please share it with me .... thanks in advance Sandy

1.5K VIEWS 6 COMMENTS LIKES

Ants in the Solar Charger

If you have use electric fencing for your pastures, be on the lookout for ANTS!

Black ants built a nest in the battery compartment of my solar fence charger and took it out. Hopefully once it is cleaned out it will ...

1.8K VIEWS 4 COMMENTS LIKES
1.6K VIEWS 3 COMMENTS LIKES

Does anyone have any ideas how to make or buy some really cool toys for horses. I have a giant ball and a toy that comes down from the ceiling. But I need some more things. Now that the weather is getting worse they rae all satying in longer. So need ...

1.6K VIEWS 3 COMMENTS LIKES

We have a bad bad bad problem with Horse flies. Do you have any homemade remedies or traps, or any items that are not too expensive that really work? We have tried everything from bronco to endure to duragaurd, you name it. Maybe I'm over sensative ...

1.6K VIEWS 7 COMMENTS LIKES

whats the most popular stuff out there?...why?

shavings are the way to go from what i have heard. how does each horse tipically go through?...how much does it cost packaged?

no walnut and de-dusted is a must...right?

any feedback ...

2K VIEWS 8 COMMENTS LIKES

I am a college student, i work full time, and own a horse. the problem is that now i just dont have the time or money for my horse right now so im trying to sell him.
My roomate has a 4 stall barn 3 horses and 2 ponies + my horse so there isnt a lot ...

1.7K VIEWS 1 COMMENTS LIKES

I am building a wash area at my barn and if any of you could help me by sending me some pics and or measurements of yours or the one at the barn where you board i would be very appreciative as i would love to do it right the first time and not have to ...

1.8K VIEWS 2 COMMENTS LIKES

I am planning on putting up an arena for training our horses and was considering using the Alumashield fence by Buckley Fence. Anybody have any experience with this type of fence for an arena?

Thanks for any suggestions and opinions!

Ron ...

2.6K VIEWS 6 COMMENTS LIKES

i'm working on writing a horse book that want all horse people to have use for on a regualr basis. i.e. help with feeding, pasture managment, health care, equipment, est. that can be used to help train staff students and reassure you when you have ...

1.9K VIEWS 5 COMMENTS LIKES

We had a RARE snow storm in SC Friday night which allowed me to achieve a fantasy of mine, riding in the snow! Snow in SC is great, it comes, you play, and by the end of the day it is GONE!

Here is video ...

2.1K VIEWS 3 COMMENTS LIKES

This is where I board my 2 horses

This is Dorian Equestrian Center!

Front Of Upper Barn

Front Entrance Upper Barn

Inside Upper Barn

Indoor Arena

Outdoor Arena

Lower Barn

1.7K VIEWS 2 COMMENTS LIKES

My&nbsp revious neighbor's (from where we just moved) are probably loosing their house very soon through both being laid off and have asked if I would board their horses for them. We are probably going to trade some board for a couple 24X24 corral ...

1.9K VIEWS 7 COMMENTS LIKES

I ran across this product the other day and thought it looked pretty cool. Obviously not a replacement for regular horse care, but I can see it being helpful for my horse to be able to be fed during the day while I'm at work. What do you all think ...

2.6K VIEWS 4 COMMENTS LIKES

I have always herd that it's not good to feed horses treats from you hand. They say it makes the horse pushy and always in your space. But the other day I saw know someone that feed alot of treats from her hands. The horses respect her all the time ...

1.7K VIEWS 2 COMMENTS LIKES

Hi everyone. I am new on here and looking forward to chatting. I could really use some help as a lot of what I am doing on my own is new for me. My son was severely wounded overseas and I have received the miracle of his improvement daily. The injury ...

1.8K VIEWS 3 COMMENTS LIKES

Are Pine shavings poisonous for horses? ...

2K VIEWS 4 COMMENTS LIKES

I am preparing to build a horse barn and would like recommendations on stall flooring.

The debate is between dirt and rubber mats. My issue with mats is that urine has no where to go and in some situations I have seen it pool. Dirt can also be ...

2.3K VIEWS 4 COMMENTS LIKES

Im looking at making a round pen. What size is the best? Is there a set size? Any info would be great.
matt

1.6K VIEWS 9 COMMENTS LIKES
12 May 2009 11:16 AM

Due to a laminitic episode, one of our poor ponies is doomed to a life of boredom on dry lot (at least for the next few weeks until he can back out in the pasture with his grazing muzzle). He is so unhappy. He has a Jolly Ball that amuses him for about ...

1.9K VIEWS 8 COMMENTS LIKES