Quick Post

Toys for horses

Toys for horses
  •   Does anyone have any ideas how to make or buy some really cool toys for horses. I have a giant ball and a toy that comes down from the ceiling. But I need some more things. Now that the weather is getting worse they rae all satying in longer. So need just afew ideas! Thanks [:D]
  • I have a smaller ball tied to the side of the stall for them to bang, milk jugs with rocks work great, those lik-it things work good too.
  • I bought a ball with a handle type thing at Tractor Supply and my horse loves picking that up and throwing it. I also got a traffic cone the soft kind and he loves that as well.
  • Yup, the bottles with rocks, I use laundry detergent bottles that have been rinsed. I string them up with some bailing twine. I always see Daisy out there shaking them around.

Daisy killed the jolly ball, it does not inflate anymore lol

I give them road cones too.

I also kinda do the paddock paradise thing, where i arrange little obstacle courses so the girls have to walk through them to get to the shelter, gives them more exercise and keeps it interesting.  Right now I have two ground poles set up, so they have to walk over them every time they go to pasture or to the shelter.

I'm even planning on making a small hoof soaking station LOL