Quick Post

inspiration please...

inspiration please...
  • how in the world do i keep my inspiration up in this bitter cold??  we dont have an arena (indoor or out) so everything has to be done outside in the cold windy weather! brrrrr! it would be one thing if it was at least sunny but when its gray it takes all ive got to drag myself outside just to feed[:(] much less do some groundwork or ride.
  • Your horse is out there. He's looking for you! Warm him up slowly and play a little. Jump on him bareback and feel how warm he is.  You can dress for it. 
  • Don't think about it, just do it. Keep your boots somewhere where they will be toasty and dress in layers. Think about how badly they need you to deliver food so that they can keep warm, or think of them out there without enough clothes on to keep them warm. Invest in a slow feeder to keep them warm at 5 am, still eating hay. It won't be so critical that you get out there so early when it's really nasty.  

It's minus 45 here in Canada, with two nasty ice storms and two big snowstorms on top of it. I live on the end of a deadend road and have been trapped here for days as the snowplow has other priorities. I have grabbers on the bottom of my boots and I'm never taking them off. What a blessing they are!!!

Hands cold? Take your gloves off and stick them in your horse's armpits for a minute for fast warming and have a conversation with him while your at it. I'd come back in and be cold to the bone for the rest of the day. Then I put two hats on and the problem went away. 

As for sunshine, carry some apples with you and spread some sunshine anyway. Best of all, know that it's just about over.  I'll be glad to just get across the back yard with them to driveway, so we can move...4 weeks of them being trapped as well. Any venture forth to new ground has them cutting their legs when the go thru the crust. Really been trapped in all respects. So , think of me and be glad you're not in my situation. Things could always be worse....like losing power.