Quick Post

Videos of My horses

Videos of My horses
  • I thought I would share them. :) This one is by far my favorite because everything I capture was pretty spontaneous and all. Just so you know, our relatives animals can come up on our land. At least the ones that can get through the fence. So had their dog (the white one) chasing Sahara, gave up discouraging him because he just went after her more.As you can see, mine tanks out of there. Then saw that Sahara was looking at some roosters but didn't know how serious they were fighting till I tried to separate them. They are both ok. Can you see how happy Hidalgo is being videoed? Haha. http://youtu.be/m-qcqZMYVBI video of how I usually ridehttp://youtu.be/NfADK5DkB8o and how horrible I am in the saddle. XDhttp://youtu.be/OKOXwoE20bs
  • Awesome!  Did you train Sahara yourself? She doesn't like turning to the right much does she?
    You're so pretty, girl! And your legs are so long now!  (thanks for stopping the rooster fight) [':D']
  • No I didn't train her myself but was told when was thinking of buying her that she was just trained a month ago and only had been ridden a few times. You think that would be a turn off. I had a choice of her or an older more experienced horse but I didn't like the older horse. I got her around May 2011 and ride her once in a while like every two weeks so our progress is very slow. No, even Clyde is lefty, I am also lefty so we all love going to the left. I am now thinking... yeah we rarely do go right. ':P' Sometimes I do wish I were shorter.
  • Forgot to say I like that you wear a helmet! Nice example to set as a health care professional! [':)']
    Always be thankful for who you are, what you've been given.  You're gorgeous, girl!! Some tall handsome man will sweep you off your feet into happily-ever-after land!! If girls give you a hard time about your height it's cuz they're jealous!! [':D']
  • Haha thanks. Your flattering me already. Don't have people bothering me about my height but would be easier to ride my smaller horses. Hehe yes the man better be taller than me. I had to order the helmet from out of the country. Ended up costing 2x as much but worth it.
  • Almost forgot.  In your video I liked when you told Hildago (was it?) to go away in English but you said he didn't understand English.  You said it in (Tagolig?) and he turned and walked away. 
  • Great videos. Thanks for sharing. Regarding your comment about riding horribly in a saddle - couple of comments. Sit back (or maybe I should say, sit up). You are leaning slightly forward and that will make you 'bounce'. Also, try to keep your weight out of the stirrups. [';)'] You have a beautiful smile, by the way.

• Hehe yes hunterseat.Yes that is poor Hidalgo. I said " Do you speak english" then realized that sounded wrong because he is a horse XD. Whoopsie. So said " understand English?" "Visaya?" haha I think he was like. " Human gibberish me bored me go away now" ^^ Tagalog/Filipino is the national language but here the local language/dialect is visayan/visaya. Thank you Durangogramma. I have had many people say that I lean forward too much, am going to stop that the next time I ride. I still don't know what to make of stirrups.I don't know if they should be shorter or longer. Longer, I feel more secure on turns. Shorter I feel more secure galloping straight.
  • Great videos.  Nice way to start my day...videos of a happy girl with her horses. (dogs and chickens, too)  Durangogramma is correct, you have a beautiful smile.  I love it when I see people spending time with their horses and they are smiling.  It shows they are really loving what they are doing.  I noticed your horse did not seem to mind the motor bike you met when riding, good.

Thank you for sharing with us all.  You look like you are having so much fun.

By the way, in the third video, the one with the saddle, I froze it at 22 seconds and you were sitting very nicely.
  • Ok will check out at 22 seconds.Guessing it is the Saddled video? I don't know why but all the dogs that are not mine follow or chase us. T-T Sahara was born in the city and is pretty good with traffic. The other ones were not at first but they soon learned they are pretty harmless human carriers. ';)' Ok, just paused it at 22...that was a second before I lost control of her...or while I was, and she ran for the coconut trees...guess when I feel threatened I do better. ':D' I'll keep this picture in mind next time I ride.
  • You live in a beautiful place, judging by the backgrounds of your video.  LOL, it's so strange, almost jarring, to see palm and banana trees in the background of a horse video!   Here in California what one sees is oak, pine, fir, or desert scrub.
  • Have to be careful, there may be nothing in the background if the horses had their way with the trees here. They eat both coconut and banana leaves.
  • Are those leaves okay for them to eat?
  • I don't think it is bad for them. Not only do horses eat it, cows and goats will too. None of them have ever gotten sick from it, also if there is a drought they cut the stocks of the banana and feed it to the cows.
  • I started thinking how dumb that question was.  I'm sure your native horses have thrived on that diet for centuries.  duh [':D']