Ever since I got Apache it has been a struggle to rinse him off. Problem is, he sweats like a pig. This past week it has been miserable here with heat indexes up to 105. So Apache has had plenty of rinsing lessons. Yesterday wasn't so bad and the ...

148 VIEWS 3 COMMENTS LIKES
59 VIEWS 1 COMMENTS LIKES

yet.
I need to work my extra Saturday volunteer shift.
And we are going to get a cube of squares.
Pilot needs to take his truck and go with for hay.
A cube does not fit in my truck.
I can haul rounds in my truck and I brought one home ...

87 VIEWS 2 COMMENTS LIKES

Heading out to Cowies with boys and king ranch casserole.
Today is OSB sheathing and top plates.

Did I say we got good news on Jet Tuesday?
Farrier came to fix slightly bent shoe on Jet's front right.
I had him re-evaluate and test ...

90 VIEWS 2 COMMENTS LIKES

I'm supposed to be leaving in a half hour. Dropping kiddo off at work on my way. he's not finished with training but he has a train pass that will take him almost right to the door if he can make it to the train station in our town. His bike is ...

31 VIEWS 0 COMMENTS LIKES

Probably TMI but I think I got eaten alive in my sleep last night. All I know is my legs are really bad and suspiciously enough, the place where there's a hole in my sleeping shirt, under my arm? They got me there. It was a late one because I decided ...

100 VIEWS 2 COMMENTS LIKES

our butts off.
We have been clearing the east fence line. Visibility on the corner was bad due to all the brush.
Pilot tried mowing but there were just too many rocks.
Lucky boy has stayed over the past couple days to help us. He and his brother ...

83 VIEWS 2 COMMENTS LIKES

It's okay, this rain. I guess if I was growing a garden and needed a lot of sun I might be miffed. It's pretty glorious.

SECOND CHANCE?? Are you serious?? You swing in, give a line about fly spray causing bumps ad waltz out? :) How are ...

195 VIEWS 7 COMMENTS LIKES

There are days like this I love it here. The temps are cool (66) this morning. It was pretty warm and humid yesterday but walking the dogs last night was lovely. It's getting up to low 80's all week so - no complaints about heat here.

187 VIEWS 7 COMMENTS LIKES

I'm not complaining but the mosquitoes are loving life right now! Lots of rain yesterday and more coming today.

I don't have a lot of energy today and not much in the way of plans. I took the dogs for a loooong walk down the road then ...

142 VIEWS 5 COMMENTS LIKES

Road trip to VA today. Service for my parents tomorrow morning. This has been a long process. My Mother passed in October, I visited the cemetery in March to get an idea of what sites were available and my Father passed away about 2 weeks later.
Looking ...

105 VIEWS 2 COMMENTS LIKES

of July. ;)

Cooking brisket and baked mac and cheese.
My sis has guests from MN but she is working.
I said i would cook. That way I can get their giant 12 pound brisket out of my freezer at the cabin.

We worked yesterday. It was hot ...

125 VIEWS 4 COMMENTS LIKES

Hope everyone has a Happy and Safe Fourth of July.
Plan is to take Fancy and Apache for a ride this morning. The horses are at a pasture up on a hill. So we drive up and park, grab the horses, and walk them to the barn. After the ride we hook them ...

154 VIEWS 5 COMMENTS LIKES

My upstate job bit the dust. God's will.
I'm taking it as a sign the NYC job is eminent. maybe. Anyway, I went to work today. One of about 3 people who did.
Not doing fireworks tonight with Jeff & his daughter and grandson. My son ...

54 VIEWS 1 COMMENTS LIKES

It will probably delay the start of our ride at R&C's today

Yesterday at Richard and Shirlene's-

We had a good day with Richard and Shirlene.
Richard had his hand surgery Wednesday. He is probably overdoing and seemed to be ...

83 VIEWS 2 COMMENTS LIKES

before the holiday!

i was gone to stay with my Dad last week, so this week was a catchup to what was going on at work. I did stop at look at a mule on my way home and going back to get her Sunday.

will someone please tell me what site i ...

83 VIEWS 1 COMMENTS LIKES

Already?
Monday was an indescribable l-o-n-g day.
There was a meeting and pizza.
Sitting in the hospital watching Archie Bunker waiting for hours for friends.
G came through his heart cath procedure fine.
Saw wildebeests again, Pilot didn't ...

141 VIEWS 3 COMMENTS LIKES

Yes. I can't seem to drink enough water that is ; )
Although this strawberry margarita is going down good.

Sarcee is 14.3
Chica is 15
Tex is 15.3 - 16

I want to get Chica trained but can't find a trainer close.
I don't ...

48 VIEWS 0 COMMENTS LIKES

Of course, I could have brought my laptop home and worked but...nah! I have so much use or lose time... Boy's off today, too. I asked about the dog halves matching and he said the trainer came behind them both and did some clean up. btw, the dog had ...

79 VIEWS 1 COMMENTS LIKES

at hand...
First off Resource managers meeting.
I need to pick the boys up in route because the volunteer pizza party follows the meeting.
They would like to attend and should. We need to promote our youth volunteers.
Volunteers here are aging ...

159 VIEWS 3 COMMENTS LIKES

Rode this girl this evening. With the rain she has been in for a day and a half. Bridled her in the stall, left her loose, blanketed her, saddled her, she was perfect. Took her out into the barnyard, parked her next to my stool, told her to be good because ...

153 VIEWS 7 COMMENTS LIKES

Fweehaa is a perfectly reasonable word that can be spoken as a sound at any decible....and it starts with F. It's an F-word, if you will. As is Friday. Fweehaa!

Nothing's happened between last night's post and this one except I slept ...

117 VIEWS 2 COMMENTS LIKES

Eating grapes, waiting for the boy to signal for a ride home.
Yes, Dana seems to be a magnet for drop-offs and strays. She does such a great job rehabbing them and getting them good homes.
I hope the day there was as nice as the day here! Beautiful ...

38 VIEWS 0 COMMENTS LIKES

It just FEELS like it's going to be wonderful. So check in with all the wonders of your Wednesday!

I woke up feeling great, took dogs out, made tea, put a bagel in the toaster and realized I woke up an hour early. I was thinking maybe 20 minutes ...

225 VIEWS 6 COMMENTS LIKES

Since Jet is still a bit gimpy V is going to try Tex in the round pen.
She wasn't willing when I suggested it at first. She said he is too big. I will have to ask her why she changed her mind.

Jet does seem slightly better? Maybe just more ...

106 VIEWS 2 COMMENTS LIKES