Quick Post

Places with horse ears

Places with horse ears
  • while everybody is talking about the places they have ridden i would like to ask about south dakota. my family and myself are going in july to trail ride. does anyone know of any good trail heads or places to visit on horseback.  
  • OK I am going to try my hand with Photobucket, no guaranteed results!

First pic should be of me crossing the Elwha on Sweet P, packing Peach, with my the ears of Thunder, my boyfriend's grey horse, in front and center

and if I am on the right track, here is Sweet P's ears on the Elwha trail, Olympic Nt'l Park, with Bf, Thunder and his lttle Morgan mare Gizzy ahead of us.

• Cool, 3Equines!  I never realized you were in WA.  I used to live on Whidbey Is!!  I sure miss trailriding there.......
  • Lots of great pictrues.
    Especially like the trails along the edge.

And looking across the rivers

Of course someplaces we don't ride

• PH, you just need a mule, then you CAN ride in ALL those places!!

DS - I live on the Olympic Peninsula, and now there is a really neat trail system through the foothills that is open to the public, year round, with no fees (Olympic Discovery Trail, Adventure Route). 

Here is a pic of Gibson packing on the Olympic Discovery Trail, I am riding Peach. 

And a couple of the bridge on the Spruce RR trail on Lake Crescent.  Some things I prefer to WALK over.

• I love your packing pictures and stories!  Tell us about the 90+ yr old retired forest ranger that you took on a trip!
  • Wow, everyone has such beautiful places to ride, mountains, streams, here in FL, all we have is drainage ditches and palm trees......  Here are Mouse's ears with some of our beautiful scenery!

• HG-At least it's green!!!! Here in Southern CA
     it's brown from May-Jan, but I guess we get in more ride days than most places between CA and FL because of our warmer weather, huh?
  • Here are some driving ones from SW Wisconsin.
  • HG!!!  I love Mouse's ears!  Mouse wins the prize for the best ears.  I wish Dani had those tips!!  (with her little grulla self)
  • Thats fun Rod.  I keep wishing I had a buggy, I've got a couple of geldings I'd like to teach to drive.

We ride the Color Country ( high deset of Central and Southern Utah) during the colder months. and head for the high country in Hot months.  The neat part of Utah is I have both with in reasonible driving distance.

I've got friends with Mules, But I still prefer a horse.

I followed a fellow on Mule up Old Woman canyon in the San Rafael. He told me I needed to get off and lead my horse over a ledge. Well his mule went up and over and so did my horse with me on him.
    We get a few narrow spots that Back Country Horsemen have worked on repairing.  this was pretty tricky a couple of years ago, But they fixed it up right nice for last summer.

Guess I'd better put a picture with ears in it to stay with the thread topic.

• [quote=Painted Horse]
    Guess I'd better put a picture with ears in it to stay with the thread topic.

[':D']

Great trail maintenance they did there!  That can be some hard work!  (I did it ONE TIME and it wore me out!)

• Rod 44, I LOVE the Haffie ears!

PH that is beautiful country.  I want to win the lottery and live out of a huge motorhome with a huge horse trailer, and just go ride EVERYWHERE!
  • isnt that everybodys dream?? lol.
  • I had a once in a life time ride just outside of Anchorage Alaska.  I don't have any ear pictures with Reidar... but I do have these.