Quick Post

New Horse Forum

New Horse Forum
  • Hello Horse Forum users! I am helping the developers and admins monitor the new site and collect any issues you may be experiencing. Please post them here if possible so we can deal with them expediently!

Thanks to all who have been waiting for an updated forum.

Sincerely,

Nolan
    [8|]
  • I don't know about anyone else but that image verification thingy on log in gets on my LAST nerve! I'll survive....
  • I don't know if there is anything that can be done or not, but I have dial up (we can't get DSL out here in the sticks) and this new forum is way slower than the old one for me.  It takes about 4 minutes for the message box to load so I can post a message.  I end up playing solitaire while waiting and sometimes lose interest in waiting so long that I just leave the site. 

I do appreciate the new forum and thanks for everyone's hard work!
  • I have DSL/Wireless and I think it is extremely slow to load as well.
  • We will be moving the program to a new server soon which should speed things up some.
  • Awesome!  You know, Avid Alien, when you post a reply, watch that area next to the "Smilies" button and it comes up with the usual editing features.  Suddenly *poof* they disappear.  Didja ever notice that before? [8|]
  • Yep.  It's a secret alien trick - now you see them, now you don't. [':D']

Actually they hide behind the vertical "Smilies" until you click on the word to use them.  Consider it an "undocumented feature" of the forum board![';)']

• ...wellllll..... o-kaaaay.....  if you say so....  I believe you but...... [:-]

I still don't see them.  I'm talking the font size, color, style.....  bullets.... you KNOW how I love my bullets.... [':)']
  • I'm sorry hunter, i didn't get what you were talking about.
    Let's see:
    • Bullets -check
    • Font Size - check
    • [size="2"]Font style - check[/size]
    • [size="2"][font="arial"]Font color - check[/font][/size]
    • [size="2"][font="arial"][strike][color="#000000"]Strikethrough, [/strike]Underline Italics Bold - all check[/color][/font][/size]
    [size="2"][font="arial"][color="#000000"]
    the buttons for the changes in the stuff above are buttons like what you see in MS Word that are positioned just above the text field you type in for the message.  Are they missing for you when you reply?
    [/color][/font]
    [/size]
  • Hello all,

The Horse Forum has been moved to a new server. We hope this has sped it up a bit.

Regards,

Nolan
  • Are they missing for you when you reply?

I'm sorry, Avid, I didn't see this.  Yes, they are missing when I reply.  I see others using them so it's me..... again....  No real biggee though.  We can wait till the dust settles.
  • This is Avid using hunterseat's account for testing.

• Bullets - check
    • [h2]Font - check[/h2]
    • More font - check More and even more
    • [font="arial"]Size - check[/font]
    • [font="arial"]Color - check [color="#ffd700"]and again [color="#a52a2a"]and again[/color][/color][/font]
    • [font="arial"][color="#ffd700"][color="#a52a2a"][color="#000000"][strike][size="3"]Strikethrough [/strike]etc. etcEtc.[/color][/color][/color][/size][/font]
    I don't see any issues when using your account Hunters.
  • Hey Hunters,

I just "impersonated" you and was able to do the font changes you see above.  Are you sure you aren't seeing options right above the area you type in for doing these?  The icons are very similar to Word or Works.
  • [:-] They show up and then they disappear.  I was going to send you a screen shot but .....  gah!!!  It might be this computer.  I see my power point is gone.  Maybe it wasn't reloaded when my hard drive was wiped.