Quick Post

Campfire popcorn

Campfire popcorn
  • Best popcorn ever.  Take an old pressure cooker.  Can get them at garage sales or flea markets for 5 or 10 bucks.  Put on a four foot handle (amish blacksmith did it for $5) and put a few holes in the top and away you go. 

• What a great idea.  I need to share this with my son for when he takes the boys camping.
  • Rod, I've been thinking about these awesome popcorn pictures since yesterday...finally had to give in and make myself some this afternoon.  Still thinking about it...might need some more tomorrow.  I guess there are worse things to be addicted to...  [':D'

My parents are also popcorn eaters, and they do a lot of camping in their RV...thinking I'd better pass along this idea, because I know they don't travel with a popper.  Thanks for sharing!
  • You must be the funnest Grampa in the universe!!  (and now I want popcorn, too!)
  • Old pressure cookers make the BEST popcorn poppers cuz they're HEAVY. They hold a lot of heat and spread it evenly so the oil and corn don't burn.

I love the way the old handle was taken off the popper and is now the handle for the lid. [';)'] Good job.

And I want some popcorn, too - but I don't have any in the house & it's not payday yet. [>:]
  • That's a really neat idea. I'm actually sitting here eating microwave popcorn while I was reading this. Makes me want to drag out the tent , grab the hubby and go camping just so we can try campfire popcorn.