Hello,

I have a 2 yr old Paint filly that I am trying to work on collection with in ground driving. She already knows all the cues and will go, stop, all of that. But she keeps her head sky high. I currenlty have her in a plain tom thumb snaffle. I tried her in an eggbutt bit to have more direct contact and be a little easier on her mouth, but her behavior is so much better in the tom thumb, like it's just more comfortable to her. Does anyone have any suggestions for anything? A diff bit? A new piece of equipment? Someone told me a tie down to her her head where I wanted it, but that didn't seem right, and I could have sworn I've seen harnesses or something in magazines for teaching the correct head set. I don't wanna spend a fortune, I would just like some advice or maybe a simple aid. I'm not really riding her yet. I have been up on her for very short amounts of time, just for her to feel the weight. I really want to wait til she is 3 to do in the saddle work. In the saddle I can ask with my hands and give her the release but it doesn't seem that easy on the ground. Any suggestions? Thanks.