Quick Post

Memory Foam Saddle Pads

Memory Foam Saddle Pads
  • Anyone use a memory foam saddle pad?  How did you like it?  Any feedback good or bad would be appreciated.
  • I had NO idea what that was so.... I found this study on saddle pads! One has the memory foam which is why it googled.

http://www.profchoice.com/padstudy.html
  • Thanks - looks like I have some reading!  Still hoping to hear from people who have actually used the pad as well.
  • I have an ESP memory foam pad and it rides quite well.  My daughter uses one also and had the best success with her cutting mare that is extremely picky about how tack fits - from pad, saddle, to her chin strap adjustment!  This mare stepped right out with the memory foam pad. 

I see from the study that the ESP memory foam pad was not marked with the top most score in the KSU study.  Thanks for posting the study Hunter.
  • Yup!  But there must be different types, brands, etc.  AND I bet it would depend on saddlefit, rider... so many variables.
  • I have found Memory Foam Pads: Create Heat, are Overpriced and Breakdown after a few Years.

I like a good Canvas Top, Neoprene insides and Felt Bottom, about 1/3 the price of the Fancy Pants New Fangled Stuff and lasts 5 time longer

CJ
  • I have the [color="#000000"]Wrangler®
    H.D. (Heavy-Duty) Saddle Pad
       I love it its wonderful and it really fits my mares back along with my saddle...... i wouldn't buy anything else and i have had the saddle pad for 4 years and its still going strong it hasn't broke down ya it might be over priced but i rather pay the money for a very well made saddle pad than pay the money for a cheap saddle pad and it doesnt even last 1yr. (been there done that)

I would try it out its a great saddlepad wrangler heavy duty [/color]