My dad (love him dearly but knows just enough about horses to tell the head from the tail) decided to go looking for saddles after I told him 4 year old Skylar did not fit my nice, fancy saddle. I knew he was going and told him I was thinking of getting a tree-less saddle as Skylar is quite wide and is getting wider as he is replacing his baby fat with muscles. Well, in the end my dad ended up at a horse rescue in CT. who was very nice to him (now is going to be giving a yearly donation to the little rescue farm) and also found a wide $80 saddle. They were very helpful I don't know if anyone knows Ray of Light in CT. but my non-horsie dad loves them now. And for 80 bucks we couldn't go wrong.

The saddle is coming down with mom and dad this weekend to see if it fits. All I know is that it is in working condition and there is a faded mark that with some reasearch we figured out it says Hereford, it also has Wooden sturrups still. I wonder what we have found here? I don't really know much about Hereford saddles, and this one is quite old but was reflocked at some fairly resent time.

I will update on Tuesday after the horse fitting if anyone is interested.