Quick Post

English Saddle Pads

English Saddle Pads
  • I'm looking at getting one of these
    http://www.csipads.com/englishpads.html
    I saw them at the expo last year.  It was the end of the day and everyone was closing up shop.  The lady at the booth gave me her schpiel and demo anyway.  I really liked what I saw but I'd run out of money by then.  Has anyone tried one?  Do you think the Merino is worth the extra bucks?  I really like the way it feels... but I'm not sure if it would really have much added benefit.
  • Wow, high tech stuff!  Makes me feel really old fashioned with my old sheepskin pad.  I suppose if one's horse had a problem with the regular wool felt, the Merino would be better.  Otherwise, it's like a lot of equestrian things...

Gosh, my old Bob Ross (track) exercise saddle would look pretty... antique now days.
  • Looks like a really nice pad!  And it IS tax return season!
  • [quote=hunterseat]

Looks like a really nice pad!  And it IS tax return season!

HA!  I got $4 this year.  I already blew it all on a bloody mary with one of my friends.  [8D]
  • I don't know what that pad is like (is it stuffed with something?) but I've used both the SMX Air Ride pad (western) and I use a Merino half pad along with the thin dressage blanket/pad for dressage. They seem to both compress and fill in where needed. They wick the sweat and seem to keep the horse's back more comfortable. And they are easy to clean.