Quick Post

what kind of saddle is this?

what kind of saddle is this?
  • I just bought this used saddle, it's in good shape minus a few cosmetic scratches, but I'd like to know more about it.

(here's the link to pictures of it)
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/4481542...7626220220762/

does anybody know what kind of saddle this is? (all purpose/jumping/close contact/ ect.)

it has 2 D-rings on one side but not the other on the sides
    it has 2 D-rings on the front
    and one rectangle ring on the back

I couldn't find a brand anywhere on it at all.
  •   I hope you didn't pay much for it.  It is a cheap, inferior Pakistani or Indian made saddle.  The forward knee rolls would indicate a jumping saddle but the seat is not a correct jumping position.  Also, the 2 D rings on the near side are for a saddle bag and the ring on the back is for a crupper.  Don't have either on traditional jumping saddles.  The Ds in the front are for a marlingale/*** plate.
  • its just a plain ol' all purpose saddle.  Many saddles have those rings on them.  but 2many is correct as to why they are there.  cant say that ive seen them that close together on the off side, tho.  They dont hurt anything even if you dont use them.

Saddles like that are great starter saddles (so long as they fit both you and your horse) until you can purchase a saddle more suited to your tastes and likings. 

Have fun with it! 

• Saddles in the styles seen today date back to the 18th and 19th centuries. Today, modern saddle comes in a wide variety of styles, each designed for a specific equestrianism discipline, and require careful fit to both the rider and the horse. Proper saddle care can extend the useful life of a saddle, often for decades.
    ============================ 
    Earl Nunes