Quick Post

What do you usually wear for riding lessons?

What do you usually wear for riding lessons?
  • In winter, spring, summer, autumn? What color of breeches do you have? What tops do you pair them with? Have you got brown or black boots?

Where I live, it's usually very cold in winter (-10°C), so I layer A LOT! In spring and autumn it's ok to wear only a long-sleeve on top and in summer I ride in a polo.
    I have beige, blue-checkered and black-grey breeches and I have a light blue fleece-jacket and a dark blue polo that go over the three of them (if it's not too cold).
    I normally wear paddock boots with black half chaps. I have brown paddock boots, which I prefer but they don't match the black chaps and a pair of black paddock boots if it has to match.

So what about you?

Sorry if this is in the wrong topic, I missed the "English-Attire" one...
  • Jeans, t-shirt/long sleeve shirt, and a fleece. Black riding (cowboy) boots. I don't understand dressing fancy/proper for lessons or practice. I'd prefer to just be comfortable and wear what I know is safe. I won't wear work boots in a saddle if I can avoid it, but I'll wear denim jeans no problem. I'm not showing, and so I don't have to look good for anyone. And I plan on getting dirty, it can't be avoided. So I'll wear things that I don't care if they get dusty, muddy, manurey, etc.
  • Gets hot here in the summer so usually a tank top w/ jeans tucked in my half chaps and paddock boots, helmet!

In the winter, add a jacket or sweatshirt.  Just got a black, slightly padded vest that I love because it leaves my arms free!

When showing, I have tan and black breeches but I hate to wear breeches so do that as little as possible ':)'  I have a short-sleeved ratcatcher and black hunt coat.
  • I try to wear riding pants of some type and half chaps.  usually my Ariat boots that lace up - I don't know what they're called.  I also try to wear a collared shirt, polo-ish, in keeping with English riding propriety.  just cuz.  I take lessons all over the place.  Nothing regular at the moment.  But without really knowing the instructor I'd rather make a correct appearance and be taken seriously as a rider.