Quick Post

Early spring ride on Olympic Discovery Trail

Early spring ride on Olympic Discovery Trail
  • Got a ton of pics from a ride yesterday.   The horse with the tires on is Gibson, whom I am training to pack, he's a little green under saddle, too so I swap out gear with Peach (other Haflinger) partway through the ride, theat way they both get packed & rode.  Covered about 10 miles, cool and drizzly the 2nd half but I dress warm and have good rain gear.
  • More pictures
  • A few more.  This is where I swapped steeds, now Peach has the pack saddle and tires on, and Gibson is ready to ride.  It is good for his brain to be put in the lead/saddlehorse position after being a follower/pack horse.

Last pic is back home, Peach on the left and Gibson on the right (Peach is more red with a shorter mane and bigger blaze)
  • those are some fantastic pics!  What big trees you have just laying around out there! 
  • Thanks for sharing your pictures with us. Looks like your horses are both doing well. I always think of Oregon as being a northern state, so I am amazed at how green it is there and to see to the ferns are growing like that already. Here in SW Missouri, we are just starting to see some green on the ground, but no leaves on the trees yet.