Quick Post

Friday busy Friday

Friday busy Friday
  • I'm not going to work today since Annual Leave is on my time sheet already. I thought about going in but....naaaah! I am monitoring my email and answering my phone. cuz I ain't so smart.

NICE day out there. Chatter is building a deck, we laid out the site Wednesday, he dug footing holes yesterday and he's pouring cement for footings today. He's such a perfectionist. 

I expect he will be offered the local job here which is good in a way but... things are so up in the air. It's such an amazing job and it's construction management level. But they do investigative testing and inspection pre and post construction to prevent, detect, or correct water infiltration. Very cool and he's perfect for it. They flew him to FL last week where he worked with some of the testing techniques. Anywho, he really doesn't need the job. He could make plenty doing his own thing building decks and remodels. Nice to have some leeway. 

I guess boywonder is moving from Arkansas to FL...today? He said they were going to leave today so... anyone who needs another name for their prayer list is welcome to add his. 

I got bedroom and bathroom curtains done yesterday. Got kitchen ones to do today. Plus I need to pick up a curtain rod for the bedroom. I have some cool walking sticks I'm going to use for the kitchen curtains I think. If they look okay, and I think they will. I'll try to get pics when I'm done. They're not impressive but they're better than nothing. 

Better get to it. I slept in but I have much to do. I want to research this vegan diet thing more and get some stuff made and in the freezer. I think I've successfully negotiated a 3 week trial but I need to put my plan into action or we will do nothing but discuss it forever. NO ANIMAL FAT. (the goal and it's to reverse the effects of diabetes)

• Hey I see Connie!!

• Ah... so this is where the daily thread is hiding!

I looked in General Chat and nothing for two days!  I thought that maybe with all the nice weather, everyone was... well, maybe spending time with the horses or something?   Speaking of which, lots to do and little time to do it in!

• Good Morning everyone!

Yesterday, I was cleaning up in the bedroom, doing a little spring cleaning and organizing and I looked outside, and saw three little kittens in the parking lot. I thought it was strange, so I just opened the sliding door and watched them for a little bit. They were crying and every time someone would walk by they would race after them just crying their little lungs out. So I jumped over our little patio wall and started to gather them up, wasn't hard, they came right to me. Hubby and roomie came home right about that time and we brought them inside, the guys got them warm and fed them a little water on their fingertips while I ran to petsmart and got kitten food and formula and some wet food that the 'cat person' in the store told me was a good idea. 

So, we got them fed, tried to kind of age them a little bit, we think they are anywhere from 3 to 5 weeks old, they have little teeth, and are teething, but they can't potty by themselves, we have to stimulate their muscles so they can go potty. They also aren't regulating their body heat very well, so they are still very very young. For now, we've decided to keep them, even though we aren't supposed too. I don't work and they are the only babies in the house so I can care for them better than the shelter. I do know that by keeping them it will be really hard to get rid of them if we decide too, but we might not...I don't know, Hubby seems smitten...Upside they are just cats so, easy to hide from management :D 

The two striped ones are girls and the little grey one in the corner is a little boy. We've all claimed one, the grey one is mine, the one in the middle is hubby's and the one that is awake  is roomie's kitty. 

Oh, they are waking up, time for second breakfast! lol 

Have a great day everyone! 

• Hitt'in it hard today!  Prunded the grapes, cut back the rasberries and split and stacked 3 RTV loads of wood.  About a 2/3 facecord each.  Now it is time for a nap!

• the kittens are adorable, TLP.  I am glad you rescued them.  

I let Harley and Cinnabar down in the pasture today (yesterday was Lena's turn).  Lena had to stay in the barn.  She pitched a fit all day.  She needs to be alone more, she is too buddy bound right now.

Hubby had a drunk um charter run last night and has another one tonight.  He didn't want back to back runs like that anymore but they were short drivers and he got told he needed to do it.  So glad the semester is almost over.

Had a bird at the feeder today which I am told, is a female black headed grossbeak.  She was big and calm.  Later I saw a fox move slowly across the pasture. I left my suet feeder empty for a couple of days and it seems to have cut back on the starlings, cowbirds, and grackles that had invaded us.  Glad because I enjoy seeing the variety of woodpeckers that like the suet.

yesterday was warm and damp.  Today is cool and damp.

Have a super weekend everyone.

• Good afternoon.  I actually stayed logged in today!  So glad it is Friday.  Some weeks just seem longer than others..... We didn't have wind earlier so it warmed up to around 100 today so I'm not going riding.... it is just Kelly and I so we are going to have an early dinner and take the dogs for a walk once it cools down.  Hubby is at the airport getting ready for the airshow this weekend.  I need to look up '40's hairstyles and figure out something I can manage to go with the rest of my outfit for tomorrow.  I'm a prop/greeter :)  The wind has now picked up so it is windy and hot....

Cute kitties, TLP.  Lucky for them you saw them :)  We had 2 different litters dumped by our place a couple years ago and 2 of them were just toddlers, poor things, such babies. Hope everyone has a good weekend planned :)

Hunter, glad Chatter has good work to do :)  Wish you were closer and I'd have him build me a barn and a patio cover!!

Rod, you are one busy guy!  Glad Jackie's treatment is going well.

Connie-neat bird :)(