Quick Post

Forum activity

Forum activity
  • So, i don't think this forum is gonna grow again until they cut down on a bunch of categories. There is just way to many categories for the ammount of people on this forum i think and if the forum went back to just non horse related and horse related for a while it might become more active and more topics can be added in. There just isn't enough activity for all these topics and I don't think it's gonna grow again until this problem is solved. All these topics were added when the forum was very busy and now even the "busy" categories such as non horse related and horse related barely get any activity. What do you guys think will help this forum grow again?
  • the only thing i could think of would be advertising...but your not allowed to do that on most sites so thats out the window....
    usually i just go to 'posts since last visit' and check there for anything new i dont really go through all the different topics because you are right there are alot,
    how would a forum go about getting new members? i could e-mail a few horsey friends that i know but thats only about 2 or 3 people....
    hmmm...good topic by the way [':D'
  • I really don't think the number of topics has anything to do with why the forum is not growing, though I do agree the amount is a bit excessive.  However I do think think we need more than just 2.
  • I know if i was someone new on this forum I would feel quite lost with all the topics and probably give up all together. i think having fewer topics that are much more active is a lot more inviting and more likely to get people to stay. Plus i know a lot of people don't even check the other topics or are slow to get to them so it would kind of suck for someone new to ask a question and have a long delay for an answer. They would be more likely to go somewhere else where they can get there answer quicker with a more active discussion. Just thinking how i would probably think. I still come here because there are some great people i knew from before BWF that refuse to move. But a forum is definetely more enjoyable with more active discussions, and way easier and more enjoyable as well. I think if it worked and people started coming then they could add more topics. I would definetely think more than two would be better, your right, I actually meant to edit the first post but I couldn't figure it out till now  ':)' If not, I think it would still make it easier for the current members here
  • Although there are 3 members logged in right now, there are 115 lurkers.  The dynamics of this forum have changed.  If you watch the number of times a thread has been opened and looked at, it sort of says it all.  HOWEVER, one of the coolest things is the person who lurks forever and sees a problem they've had experience with and decide to log on and post about it. 
    We do have some new members.  Then we have alot of old members who left previously because of attitudes that are no longer here.  Some of them are back now.  And the ones who are "back" at the other forum are probably glad some of us didn't make the move! [':D']
    Forgot my suggestion:  Since StateLine was bought by horse.com (isn't that right?) they should advertise the forum on THAT site and in that catalog.

I have to say I enjoy the absence of the frenzied pace and there are other things I'm enjoying about this forum now.  There is no money generated by the number of members or posts....  It's growing very slowely in a more stable way, I think.
  • I actually really like this forum.  It feels more like a family.  I am always quick to offer to help people, and enjoy giving and receiving advice.  I have tried several other forums, bwf and horseforum.com, and can not find the same atmosphere.  If I do join in a conversation, I feel like I'm talking in circles, like people are posting for the sake of posting.  Here, it feels more like a chat between friends.

More people are always welcome, but I guess I'm just a small town kinda gal.