Quick Post

Debate this!

Debate this!
  • and why is the debate thing in general HORSE chat? wouldn't it make more sense to have it under non horse related?
  • Maybe, it will end up there.

Maybe, when it was created no one expected what flavor it would take on.

Maybe I'm reading it wrong but my list just says general chat without the word horse in it.

• So are we going to debate what General Chat means? I always thought it was general horse stuff and Not Horse Related was for not horse stuff.

I think the debate section is a good idea, myself. Maybe we can keep the arguing here and if it gets nasty, then I will just avoid it.
  • [SUP]1[/SUP]gen·er·al  Pronunciation: \ˈjen-rəl, ˈje-nə-\ Function: adjective Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Latin generalis, from gener-, genus kind, class — more at kin Date: 14th century 1: involving, applicable to, or affecting the whole2: involving, relating to, or applicable to every member of a class, kind, or group general equation of a straight line>3: not confined by specialization or careful limitation4: belonging to the common nature of a group of like individuals : generic5 a: applicable to or characteristic of the majority of individuals involved : prevalent b: concerned or dealing with universal rather than particular aspects6: relating to, determined by, or concerned with main elements rather than limited details general resemblance to the original>7: holding superior rank or taking precedence over others similarly titled general manager>

So general means a whole bunch of non-specific things.   
    So if this was a union grievance,  it could be won by stating it is past practice for years and  there fore not  to be assoicated with NHR.

Example of litigation        Company A had always given out turkeys to employees
    at thanksgiving,  and hams to employees at christmas.   Company A decides
    they can save a bunch of money by cutting out this fringe benefit even though
    it was not in the contract with the workers.    Workers file grievance with Labor
    Relations Board.    LRB  agrees with employees that since this has been company
    policy in the past even though it is not written into the contract   company A must
    still provide  the turkeys and ham for the holidays.

another example.    Employee B  always missed work the monday after payday
    because of partying payday weekend.  Went on for years and company never
    said anything or warned employee B  either verbally or written. 

New management comes in and terminates employee for missing the Monday
    after payday.    Employee files grievance,  Labor Relations Board  tells company
    that they must rehire employee with all seniority and benefits he had before
    being discharged.   since employee had did this for so long it was considered
    company policy for employee to miss monday after being paid on Friday.

Employee was a happy camper but also said that he could miss work on monday
    but he could never miss a tuesday also.  

• [8|] Have they changed your medication again?   [':D']

• [quote=hunterseat]

[8|] Have they changed your medication again?   [':D']

Not recently.  LOL    but maybe it is working now.   [8D]

• [quote=SecondChance]

[SUP]1[/SUP]gen·er·al  Pronunciation: \ˈjen-rəl, ˈje-nə-\ Function: adjective Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Latin generalis, from gener-, genus kind, class — more at kin Date: 14th century 1: involving, applicable to, or affecting the whole2: involving, relating to, or applicable to every member of a class, kind, or group general

ya da ya da ya da

You take this debate stuff serious!
  • [quote=qh trail rider]

[quote=SecondChance]

[SUP]1[/SUP]gen·er·al  Pronunciation: \ˈjen-rəl, ˈje-nə-\ Function: adjective Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Latin generalis, from gener-, genus kind, class — more at kin Date: 14th century 1: involving, applicable to, or affecting the whole2: involving, relating to, or applicable to every member of a class, kind, or group general

ya da ya da ya da

You take this debate stuff serious!

with a grain of salt.   LOL.    not always and not to often.