SO I finally got the photos on my computer of some of the trails we ride down by the Santa Ana River.  
First There are two ways to cross into the trails, through the intersection or under the road through the tunnels(theses are the tunnels I was talking about)

this is a small kid riding a 15hh ish horse... the tunnels are low

these are the cliffs that you are not supposed to ride on  but sometimes you get stuck on there.. it's abotu a 50-60ft drop...

the little pink dot next to the tree is me.. for a little perpective..

the river:

This the river that Gracie thinks swallows horses whole! lol

and now the ledge... (story)  last weekend my sister and neighbor went out inteh evening, they got lost in the riverbed trails and it was pitch black in there. They crossed the river toward the sounds of the cars and came up a very steep ledge.. it wasn't until the next day that we went back and photographed that ledge. :eek:

Me standing about a 1/3rd the way down for perspective:

Hazel made it up the hill find but ginger slipped and lost her rider here:

If she had fallen any further she would have hit this washed out pit:

thankfully she didn't panic and Lee got off her without a scratch.  

So that is some photos of where we trail ride. It's bout 1-2miles from our house and we can ride to it.  Gracie is getting better about crossing the street to the trail head but she isn't ready to tackle those tunnels and I like my head attached so I am not ready to tackle those tunnels lol