Quick Post

Santa Rosa Plateau Ride

Santa Rosa Plateau Ride
  • Here are some pictures from our ride yesterday in a local nature preserve in Murrieta. There was a fire in the area so some of the pictures look like the scorched earth. Kelly was riding Athena, then switched to Cody at the end. My riding buddy is on Wesley, her TWH. Smelled so good with the prairies of oats, oak trees, scrub brush warmed up in the sun. Ran into a lady in the parking area who recognized Cody! We used to be the PMU exhibit for a local Horse Expo and she was amazed at how big he ended up.     Beautiful, gnarled oak tree  Tree with a hole in the middle?   Athena always leaves us behind, she walks so fast.
  • Gosh, that looks like a nice place to drive too!  Beautiful, thanks for sharing.

Our Driving Club used to go to a valley off I-15 & Clinton Keith Road.  It was located in the coastal range and was truly beautiful in there.  The place must have been in a rain shadow, kind of a micro-climate, as it were.  I had a few friends actually buy property and they loved it!  A nice place to visit, though a bit up-scale for the likes of me.  Somewhat like Coto De Caza used to be.
  • The park is off Clinton Keith so maybe it's the same place, just expanded. The park is on both sides of Clinton Keith, one side is for hikers only with vernal pools, tons of trees and nice wide shady paths that would be wonderful for driving if they'd let you. The other side is for horses, bikers and people with dogs. It is really beautiful out there, about 45 minutes from our house, lots of neat bridges to cross, mounting blocks, tie racks, bathroom, big water trough so very horse friendly ':)'