Quick Post

Some pics from Caribbean cruise

Some pics from Caribbean cruise
  • A "Flamboyant Tree".
  • Capstans in Nelson's Dockyard that they used to use to pull the old wooden sailing ships onto their sides to scrape off the barnacles, etc. We were told it took about 6 months to do the entire job as it was all done by human labor - and the workers were paid in rum.
  • Too many cannons? Bury the butt end, fill it with sand and... voila', an ashtray!
  • An orchid outside at our hotel in San Juan.
  • The chefs like to play with their food on the ship.
  • A picture of my high school best friend and me. (I'm the fat one [';)']) We laughed and laughed! I'd forgotten how much we laughed as teenagers. Edited to add for those of you who like Paint horses. Her dad raised Quarter Horses and then began to raise Paints. His stallion was Skip High - registration number 6 in the APHA.
  • Ooooh aaahhhh.... side saddle....  [':)'] one of these days!
    I love the picture of you, Kathi! The architecture is very pretty there! We liked the story of the 2ft thick walls... and the plumeria grows here - lei's are made from those flowers! (as you probably knew)
  • Cool pictures! LOL I loved the one of the canon ashtray that's pretty inventive heehee 
    It looks like you had a great time!
  • ...like to play with their food, LOL!  Lovely pictures, thanks for those Kathi. 

Funny how people don't know that a Governess Car is a Pony vehicle and a Tub Cart is a horse vehicle.  LOL, go figure.  Nice place though.  Love the house!
  • They had LOTS more carts/buggies, saddles, bits, stuff!!! It was amazing. I may find some sailboats when I go through the pics from the other islands. These were only the first 3 we went to.