Quick Post

Meet Cayder Tot (:

Meet Cayder Tot (:
  • Haha hey guys, I thought I properly introduce my mare, Cayden. Cayder Tot is just a nickname my friend came up with. Sometimes I call her Miss Cayder, haha. She's just turned seven on Feb.21st, I've had her since she was five and have owned her since Oct.18th.(: She was trained in level one dressage for a year I think, and showned in EP, WP and trail classes. Then was used as a trail horse for a year as a four year old. Sadly she wasn't ridden at all as a five year old until I came along when her owner decided to email me about her when I was looking for my future hunter/EQ/pleasure horse. So basically she wasn't actually for sale at all until her owner saw my ad. Lucky me! :D I've trained her how to jump with little assistance from my trainer. I broad Cayden at a different barn then from my lesson barn. I should say old lesson barn cause I don't ride there anymore as of a month ago. But....I kinda want to come back this summer...Anyways, off topic...We're adding western pleasure and gaming cause I think she would do well in that. Though I'm still mainly using her for hunters/pleasure/EQ, haha. Right now we're getting back into jumping and have our first show of the season next month. And this will be our third show together. Wish us luck! Oh! and her show named is Eleventh Hour and her western show name is Independent Pleasure.(: Now picture time! Please totally ignore me and just focus on Cayden's cuteness.;) and I apologize for the picture overload, lol.  ^first time doing 2'6       ^^2'3  ^Our first show together last May. We got one first, reserved champion, three second places, a forth and firth.(: And if you want, here's a video of my riding lesson with her at my old lesson barn last August. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_IUmWLFVZw[
  • Cayden is very cute ':)'  Looks like you two do well together.  What color would you say she is, brown?

Oregon is sooooo green compared to SoCal!  We are actually pretty green right now but once summer rolls around.....

I bought a horse up on Monmouth a while ago ':)'
  • Thanks! That means so much! ':D' Um I'm not really sure, her previous told me dark liver chestnut. But she has a stripe down her back so she could possible be a sooty dun or smokey black depending if one of her parents have a cream gene. She constantly goes from being like black, to seal brown to a some what dark liver chestnut. Personally I'd say seal brown, though. Haha yeah, its pretty green during the spring/summer, minus the mountains but....xD haha. And wow really? Is he the guy in you're siggy? If so he/she is super cute! (:
  • We had a warmblood mare and she went from black to almost buckskin every year.... we called her smoky black as her father was black and her mother was brown.

No, that's my draft cross, Cody ':)' I've had him since he was a yearling, grew to be about 18 hands.  He's 8 now and I love that horse so much!!   I bought a Bashkir Curly in OR for one of my daughters who was very allergic to horses at the time.  There's a lady in Monmouth who raises them.  He was hypoallerginic.  He grew too big for my daughter so we ended up selling him and getting another horse that fit her better as her allergies have lessened.

• Welcome to the forum. Nice looking mare. I'm also in Orygun. [';)']
  • So the 2'3" jump you were bareback in a show? You both look great! and she looks so willing!! Cayter Tot is such a cute "pet name"! [':)']

Because you like English Equitation I'm sure you're good (look good!) but it tickles me to see good Eng riders in Western tack cuz the "correctness" shows through. [':D']

Is your mare a QH? She has that cute QH head. If so she's one of those t'breddy looking ones, huh? My QH growing up was. Does her stripe go down into her tail? Have you checked for other primative markings like zebra striping on the backs of her legs and the dark stipe on the shoulder? How 'bout her ear tips? She looks like such a perfect horse for you - size wise plus what you are interested in.

Looking forward to seeing more pics as you guys do more and more!!  (welcome!!)
  • Gorgeous horse!

Love the coloring.  Looking at the legs - I would say she is a dark liver chestnut and she is very  heavy on the sooty gene - which is what is giving the dun-like characeteristics of the line down the back and why the color changes so much.  Sooty is very well known for that.  If she was a seal brown or smokey black the legs would be much blacker, but you can actually see the chestnut coming through around the fetlock area.  Dark liver chestnuts are one of my favorite colors.  ':)'

• danastark: Wow, that's some major coloring change, haha. Oh, well then, Cody is very handsome.';)' and quiet tall too! My parents wanted to get a couple Bashkir Curly horses when we had farm when I little. That never happened though since we like moved to my current town, haha. Durangogramma Moderator: Thanks! and that's so cool! =D hunterseat: Haha no, the 2'3 bareback pic was defiantly not at a show. That's just the grass arena that I ride in sometimes during the summer months. Though it would be totally cool to show bareback! And thanks! I wish my english EQ would be good right now, lately I'm just going through that stage of not so nice EQ since I haven't been riding consistently.>.> And yes, she is QH! Well half QH anyways, the other half Morgan. She kinda does, doesn't she? And I'm not so sure if she has a stripe down her tail, I'll have to look the next time I see her. She does have like, blonde streaks on her legs though....but yeah. jungle_cat: Yeah! I see what you mean you mean! Dark liver chestnuts are one of my favorite colorings, too! ':D' I'm rather happy knowing what coloring she is, haha.