Quick Post

New pictures of the girls :)

New pictures of the girls :)
  • We moved our girls Ashes, Winter and Maggie into the bigger paddock Saturday, so they'll have more room to roam. Luckily Ashes follow her mama Winter rather well, since she's not halter broke yet...they do seem to like the bigger space and Ashes now could avoid the "bully" Maggie, if she would only learn not to be all up on Maggie all the time :).

Anyways here are some new picture of my girls

Winter

Winter and Ashes

My son Michael on Maggie, first time using the english saddle, he did good

Winter

Ashes checking out the new home

Thanks for looking, though i know it's a few pictures, but i just love to share and show my girls

• Pretty horses you have there !  Love the color and pattern on Ashes. Your son looks like he's a pretty good rider too.
  • Not only good looking horses, but they all look well fed.  Nice pictures.  Thanks for sharing with us.
  • I'm with KA - that's a very interesting pattern on Ashes. Nice looking horses.
  • Thanks! ':)'
    Ashes pattern is crazy, i didn't know much about POA's but was told that that is a very common coloring on them. They are nice and "round" and very spoiled. 
    My son only started riding about 3 month ago, but he seems to be a natural, i usually only have to give a few hints and corrections. of course Maggie is so even tempered, that it makes it easy even for a novice ':)'
  • Loving Ashes, too!  I think your son looks like a natural, too.  Polo in his future? Thanks for sharing!!
  • Thanks Hunter. Don't know about Polo, but he said he was interested in Jumping ':)' 
    Btw I took this one of my "bully" Maggie last night, she's a ham ';)'

and this is were my girls live (till i can find me a ranch lol) and i do love the Texas sunset

• Nice!  Maggie looks like a sweetheart.  Maybe she was bullied as a kid. [':D']
  • Hunter, actually, before i got her, she was together with other horses that always picked on her, so in her mind she has to defend her space now...but i've been kinda hanging out with the girls in their paddock the last few evenings and they are getting better ':)'
  • Mine have a pecking order for sure and Danica is at the bottom.  She has bite marks all over to prove it.
  • ok

*Link Removed*
  • We are showing signs of playing nice now! When i went to feed the girls last night, they actually managed to be close to each other while eating without anybody (Maggie) kicking or biting anybody (Ashes)! And Ashes is letting me touch her face now, only for a minute, but it is a start. She has been kept pretty much a wild horse with the breeder (he just kept a herd cause he loves the breed) and has had no work done....we're in the "gaining trust" and "I'm not a threat" stage with her. Luckily Winter has had work done and has been ridden. But we got a long way to go with Ashes, but she's only 2, and I have time!
  • Ashes is a lucky little girl!
  • ok ':)'

• Michael got on his Winter the for the first time Sunday, and it all went well until she decided to rather graze then work...so she did a lot of bucking and rearing, but my son is to stubborn to get thrown lol
    Here's a picture we took before she started being "ugly" and i still had her face...needless to say, she took advantage of me letting go...