Quick Post

Anyone Notice the #'s

Anyone Notice the #'s
  • I am glad that those of use who log on can provided entertainment and maybe some useful information for others.

Right now a as I typed this there are 6 members and 426 guests.  Sure wish some of the "guests" would join in and share too.
  • Well, I personally, don't get on unless I have something to say so I'm frequently a guest.
  • I noticed all the "guests" on here too.  I always found it odd, why not just sign up and join in on the conversations..... I don't get why people just want to lurk all the time.... but, well, I guess that's how some people like to do forums....LOL.   Or, then again, maybe a few people are out there snooping and spying on people for some crazy reason?! 
  • ime, many people dont care to post because they feel that they will be jumped on, flamed, or otherwise 'yelled' at for making comments about someone's post... be it right or wrong.

I dont think it helps either when there are alot of people on the same lists/forums and the same questions come up from differant people, but the same arguments continue. 
  • A lot of times I open the forum to read what's going on at work.... (can ya feel me?)  So I'm usually a guest about once a day during the week.

I think it's great people are looking in.  I bet there are a ton of folks who just never took the plunge.  Some may be purusing the horse.com sales site and click on the forum link to see. 

I think we're an agreeable bunch these days.  Not a lot of squabbling.  Except maybe whether to dock a lamb's tail or not..... oh... wait...

What I really like it the thread count on how many hits a thread gets.  THAT's pretty revealing!  I'm glad that works again.  So if you post a thread and only a couple people reply to it, just look how many people actually READ it!  Bunches!  I don't think it's necessary to reply to every thread - though I tend to reply a lot.
  • You all raise very good points and things I had not thought of.[':D']

And I think we are doing better about not "blasting" people, but that might be just me (maybe I have my head stuck in the sand).  I know on another board someone posted something that I wanted to blast on and I just stayed away and didn't post.

Well if people are getting information that they need then I guess it is good.  But it would be nice if they just popped in and said "Hi".  Maybe I am feeling lonely and need more friends.........

Thanks again for raising some very vaild points.

• A few comments... There has always been something hinky about the way this software reports guests, both in this version and the old version.  It doesn't match my experience with not just my forum, but other forums I've been on, in terms of the user:guest ratio.   In the old software it was always in the thousands and even then it just didn't make sense.   When there were tens-of-thousands of archived threads here that might have generated lots of google hits from topic searches, one might have believed the high guest numbers to a degree, but that's not really the case now.

So look at it... You can see the online guests by clicking Member List in the menu, then Online Users, then select from the drop-down to see guests. 

Not only is it counting guests who were here an hour and forty minutes ago as still being a guest (Sort it by the time and see for yourself),  I also suspect it is counting all page clicks, not unique visitors.   We don't have access to see the IPs, but it's just a hunch that it's counting every page view by everyone as a new visitor, and it's cumulative...

One of the admins would be able to tell probably.   It just doesn't make sense otherwise on a forum with this level of traffic.

(edited to correct time)
  • [quote=butterscotch]

Well, I personally, don't get on unless I have something to say so I'm frequently a guest.

Ditto....but I have been working on being more social.

• [quote=mom2rumthewarmblood]

[quote=butterscotch]

Well, I personally, don't get on unless I have something to say so I'm frequently a guest.

OOH!  You could give Liz lessons!

• I don't visit nearly as often as I did before the forum had the face change. For me, when a place becomes too big, and people begin to bicker, I tend to stay away. Some of us can have a friendly discussion, others have to take it to the extreme, trying to prove they are right and their way is the only way. I don't like to deal with people like that. I'll try to visit more often.
  • [quote=hunterseat]

[quote=mom2rumthewarmblood]

[quote=butterscotch]

OOH!  You could give Liz lessons!

Who dat? dat Liz?

• [quote=cowgirldude]

I don't visit nearly as often as I did before the forum had the face change. For me, when a place becomes too big, and people begin to bicker, I tend to stay away. Some of us can have a friendly discussion, others have to take it to the extreme, trying to prove they are right and their way is the only way. I don't like to deal with people like that. I'll try to visit more often.

CGD....I think most of the people responsible for that type of behaviour have moved on. And for the most part, seems like a lot of the others are coming back and posting. I sure hope so...........I've missed you guys.
  • Liz = BrokenA, you know, the hostess with the mostest? 
     I feel like I'm gossiping.  I'll have to email her and tell her I'm talking about [SUP]her[/SUP][SUB]. [/SUB]
  • Oh I figgered that was who you were referring to, just thought if we keep talking about her, she HAS to show up and start posting. LOL.
  • There's probably a LOT of people we could talk about and they'd start posting!   [';)']