Quick Post

This is a sad story, please read then decide for yourself if you want to sign

This is a sad story, please read then decide for yourself if you want to sign
  • Oh wow. I didn't register for the poll but my choice would be  America better get ready for more of this.....and wise up to the presence of the radical Muslims in this country.  This really makes me angry. [:@]
  • We already have a radical muslim in control ........
  • Would you prefer a radical christian hell  bent on sending our troops to fight his Crusades for oil?

I am sure you would, since you never seemed to have a problem with it the past 8 years.
  • [quote=gunslinger598]

We already have a radical muslim in control ........

Okay, I know I'm new here, but I had to comment on this.  Our president is a Christian, not a Muslim, and he certainly isn't a radical!

As to the original story, there are a few things to keep in mind.
    1) WMD is a right wing radical website and not necessarily the most reputable source
    2) She went to the home of a pastor she met on FACEBOOK?
    3) The pastor didn't direct her to other support services (in her home state or in his)?
    4) She claims she converted a while ago but just fled recently?

There are just some fishy things here.  Now, if she's genuinely in danger, she can apply for emancipation (among other things).  I'd say we need a lot more information from some more unbiased/reputable sources.
  • I wouldn't call him a radical Muslim but I wouldn't call him a Christian, either, the same way I wouldn't call Oprah a Christian.  Scientology used to be called Christian Scientology but it's not, nor ever was Christian.

Welcome by the way!!  Nice to hear a new voice! [':)']

I disagree with the Crusades comment. Obama is sending me over - not that I mind - and it's not really about oil.  I mean, look at Venezuela.  Lots of oil there!  There's a leader who needs a nuke!  I understand the premise of fighting the terrorists on THEIR territory and not on ours but there are so many here already....  Let's not thin out the home front military too much.

And Americans need to get in fighting shape cuz it's going to happen.  Unless we continue to sit like frogs in a frying pan.
  • Do you think I am making up the referral to our mission in Iraq as a crusades? I would think you know me better than that Hunterseat.
    So now you are saying Obama is a Scientologist? He may  not be a Christian in the George W. Bush school of Christianity, which is a darn good thing. Considering that Bush had no problem continuing US use of Blackwater, knowing what Erik Prince's philosophy is.

My brother in law is working in Iraq and Afghanistan, in his briefing before he went over, he was told in no uncertain terms that the US was in Iraq and Afghanistan for one  thing and  one thing only, O-I-L! Not something they really want to admit to the troops though......

Read for yourself:
    http://www.alternet.org/world/141763/blackwater_founder_implicated_in_murder/
    Explosive Allegations: Blackwater Founder Implicated in Murder
    Sworn statements filed in Federal Court also allege that Blackwater founder Erik Prince launched a "crusade" to eliminate Muslims and
    Islam.

http://www.religiousrightwatch.com/2009/08/crusade-ie-hatebased-idiocy-bound-to-fail.html

Pay attention to the details of what the crusaders did in the name of Christianity.

• [quote=mom2rumthewarmblood]

Do you think I am making up the referral to our mission in Iraq as a crusades? I would think you know me better than that Hunterseat. **I just said I didn't agree.  I thought the point you were making was about Bush and oil - I sort of took the crusades referel as an analogy.**
    So now you are saying Obama is a Scientologist? **no, and I'm not saying he's Oprah, either [':D']**He may  not be a Christian in the George W. Bush school of Christianity, **I don't know what that is - I'm not comparing the two - I don't think anyone else is comparing the two on this thread either.  Well, okay, YOU are but I mean previous posters.  I might need to go back and read it over.** which is a darn good thing. Considering that Bush had no problem continuing US use of Blackwater, knowing what Erik Prince's philosophy is.

My brother in law is working in Iraq and Afghanistan, in his briefing before he went over, he was told in no uncertain terms that the US was in Iraq and Afghanistan for one  thing and  one thing only, O-I-L! Not something they really want to admit to the troops though......  ***because the troops are mindless creatures.  Who does he work for?  Maybe I'll see him over there!***

Read for yourself:
    http://www.alternet.org/world/141763/blackwater_founder_implicated_in_murder/
    Explosive Allegations: Blackwater Founder Implicated in Murder
    Sworn statements filed in Federal Court also allege that Blackwater founder Erik Prince launched a "crusade" to eliminate Muslims and
    Islam.

http://www.religiousrightwatch.com/2009/08/crusade-ie-hatebased-idiocy-bound-to-fail.html

Pay attention to the details of what the crusaders did in the name of Christianity.

Right now I'm paying attention to the slaughter of Christians in the name of Allah.
  • And the slaughter of Muslims, Jews, atheists, agnostics, and anyone in the name of Allah, God, and whoever else?

Saying you're worried about the "slaughter of Christians in the name of Allah" is more divisive and creates more stereotypes than anything.  It is empty rhetoric.
  • My bil works for the US Government as part of the George Shultz National Foreign Service. That is all I am going to say.

And you know I have the utmost respect for our military. My comment that the government would not tell the troops outright that there mission was to protect our oil interests was not intended like that at all. Our military are dedicated men and women that believe in what they are doing, whatever that mission might be. It would be a blow to moral to announce our mission is oil, especially after the Bush Administration denounced it for so long. But come on, how many times are the troops on the ground given all the details and reasoning for a mission?

I am sure you do not like to see Blackwater contractors with equipment that the military doesn't even have, or that they kill innocent civilians as part of THEIR mission. My bil said he has seen plenty of the Blackwater contractors and he doesn't have much good to say about their conduct. 

I don't see any difference in a Christian crusade or Islamist Jihad when it is the mission of militant religious groups. Blackwater is the same as Al Qaeda in my book.
  • [quote=Thames Pirate]
    And the slaughter of Muslims, Jews, atheists, agnostics, and anyone in the name of Allah, God, and whoever else?
    Saying you're worried about the "slaughter of Christians in the name of Allah" is more divisive and creates more stereotypes than anything.  It is empty rhetoric.

Since the topic of this thread is Muslim/Christian that's the direction I took.  And I hear about the slaughter of Christians every day by radical Muslims - right now, in India, the P.I., Africa.... by the thousands.  I'm not hearing much about the slaughter of agnostics for their non-faith.  Murder is wrong, no matter who commits it.  And just because someone says they are Christians doesn't make it so.  Like the people who killed the murderous abortionists - THEY probably weren't Christians.  But the convicted cannibal Jeffery Dalmer.... I heard he was.  Won't know 'till I get there.  Hope it's true.
    No, me saying "slaughter of Christians in the name of Allah"  isn't devisive for us Thames, because we're as far as the east is from the west already.  And I didn't say worried did I?  Worry is counterproductive.  I know who's in control. (not me)

Mary, I was wondering where in the region he was, you mentioned 2 pretty big countries.  I don't care who he works for.  My butt will be over there, too.  But it won't be for a while.

I'm not up on the whole blackwater thing.  I DO love a good mercinary, however!  Is that what you're talking about?  Mercinaries?  I'll read the link when I have time.

And OF COURSE you love the military.  But to think that GI's can't figure out what's going on - just because someone disagrees with you doesn't make them wrong.  I appreciate your passion for your opinions.  I wish more people had as much conviction.  *smooch*  And I mean that! 

Where ya be anyway, Thames?  I might be spending a couple weeks over there near Portebello Road.  (well, in that country anyway)
  • Hunter, I can't believe you haven't heard anything about the Blackwater investigations, you really need to take the time to read about what is going on. I guess I am hearing more about it because Blackwater is based out of NC and it is all over the news here.

Not sure where my bil is at the moment, he really can't say but he goes back and forth between both countries.

I find it hard to believe that as a member of the US military you would condone mercenaries targeting innocent civilians.
  • Don't you know all criminals are innocent?

My life is so unbelievably intense.  I can barely handle what's going on in my own little world.  I don't want to bring panic attacks upon myself so I try to stay away from most news.  I belong to Uncle Sam.  I have to do as I'm told anyway.  I can't become an activist for anything.  I feel pretty helpless if I think about it.
  • But you will be working with these contractors when you go over, you might want to read up just to protect yourself..........

I will have to check but I believe some of them have been tried and convicted already.
  • Erik Prince, may have murdered or facilitated the murder of individuals who were cooperating with federal authorities investigating the company.

Sounds like Hillary.