Quick Post

Boy's stuff is on the porch. (new boy picsPG2)

Boy's stuff is on the porch. (new boy picsPG2)
  • At least he is home?  And you know there are a lot of parents who would pay to have their kid just pick up a book voluntarily and read it. 

However - sorry for all the heartache he has put you through!
  • I was being a bit sarcastic.  I'm so thankful he's a reader.  When I tossed his stuff out I tossed out his RJ books.  (gasp - I hope you'll forgive me) There's still stuff on the porch but those books were lovingly packed in a box and taken to the shop with his clothes.  (no chance of rain so....and I didn't actually throw them) 
    I think things are different but....  we shall see.  He went to a counsellor guy, really a shrink but he seems to like him.  It was last year.  We're going back on Fri just in case he needs to talk to a guy.  I'm thinking it will be a good thing.

You'll think I'm crazy but I just let him take the truck to church (and feed the 2 pasture horses on the way)  I told him he had to come right home after and he did. 
  • Out at the ranch.  Silly boy. [':)']
  • Hunter hopefully he just had a bad day,  and relapsed for a short time.
    Has he met cowboy yet?   It might be an idea  to have an adult male
    he can hang with sometimes.   And do Manly things.   [':D']
  • Seems too quiet around here.  I'm not sure why he's being good but....

No, I backed off the whole Cowboy Bill idea for now.  The past couple of weeks I have NOT been a very pleasant person.  Plus I've missed church two weeks in a row.  I'm supposed to meet him for lunch today.  Hopefully he will have time so I can talk to him a little.   One day I told boy as he was walking out the door "I was hoping you'd run up to Memphis with me" and when he asked why I told him to go look at a banjo. (as he walked away)  But he seems interested. Then I couldn't reach CB anyway.  Found out he's been working 4am till ? and has been going to sleep about 7:30.
  • I hope you lunch date comes through as planned.    Just because you have been
    upset doesn't mean you should put your life on hold.   Adult friends that are close by
    and the Cowboy church  would be good  to take your mind in a different direction
    and give you some rest from the tribulations going on with BW and older son.
    If only for a few hours.

I think (I try not to do this to much as deep thinking hurts my brain)  That inside BW
    wants to do the right things.   (or he would not have agreed to have went to
    the guard camp)   he has a stubborn streak though that comes through and makes
    him want to challange authority figures sometimes .(hummm  wonder who he
    inherited that from  LOL).   He has to figure out how to challenge (not the right word I want to use here  Just had a brain pain)   with out going the whole revolution route.   

As he matures more he will understand better what you have been doing is for his
    best interest and you did things the best way you could.    In time he will think
    you are the smartest mom in the world.

now I need to take some aspirin,   I hope you don't think they should be arsenic capsules
    LOL.  
  • Hi Beth! It's been a while since I have checked in here (still hoping to see you on BWF some day!) looks like things have been looking up a little? Obviously I have no experience as a parent (besides to my horses of course!) but not long ago I was his age.
    I honestly dont think your crazy for letting him take the truck to church alone. I think that it is actually a great idea.. why? If you know he is in fact going to church then you know when it gets done and how long it takes to get home so you know whether or not he went somewhere after, but I think he appreciates that you have at least a little trust in him to let him take your truck to get your horse's fed and that he will jsut be going to church and coming home and he wants to keep that trust. That's a good sign.
    Hope things improve!
  • hey hunt you know what my mom says? "i brought you into this world and i can take you out of it"
  • Hey Jilly!!!  (If I ever had time for another forum, and I joined over there, YOU'd be one of the main reasons!)
    The boy seemed to make the decision to go military today.  Things are so strange.   He had some amazing things to say.  AND he was going to a party tonight (uh-oh) but it was in a very VERY nice neighborhood.  Then he decided not to go.  So he was going with me for hay.  When I pulled up after work he was waiting and said he's going to the party because it was the girl's 16th birthday party and no one showed up and she was crying.  awwww.....  the girls two sisters were on the way to pick him up so I had a DaneHaven bead creation (bracelet) I forgot to give to .... someone?...  So I sent that with him for a birthday present.[':)']
  • [quote=hunterseat]I had a DaneHaven bead creation (bracelet) I forgot to give to .... someone?...  So I sent that with him for a birthday present.[':)']

You,  you mean you gave away my b-day present  to ,    to a girl.