Quick Post

Boy's stuff is on the porch. (new boy picsPG2)

Boy's stuff is on the porch. (new boy picsPG2)
  • I don't know, maybe it's just me.  There MIGHT be a hormone issue going on....  But I just spent my ENTIRE day off carting him around to a ranch that would like him to volunteer AND to the navy base to talk to the college people.  All he did was piss and moan.....  THEN he takes off with certain unnamed persons to a girl's house when he's PROMISED to be home by a certain time and flat out LIED to me..... 
    So I pitched his stuff.  His room is bare.  It's really my second guest room anyway so....  I can move around in there easier without those drums and all his books and clothes and stuff.....  I'd whittled it down to bare essentiels anyway.  It's really not that much stuff.
    I think it was a mistake calling down the road for him - I think they gave him a heads up, which is why he came back only an hour and a half late.  I'm pretty sure it would have been tomorrow.....  But can't he get something to eat?  Before I don't let him live here???  Um.... no.... not unless it's something he's purchased....  pfft.  I hope someone calls the law on me..... PLEASE someone call the law!!!
  • Awwww, Hunter, I'm sorry things aren't working out.  What is it that draws him to things and people who aren't good for him....... Wish there was something I could do to help.  Hugs!!
  • I am sorry Hunter that this evening was not good
      try not react out of anger or frustration.

• [quote=SecondChance]

I am sorry Hunter that this evening was not good
     try not react out of anger or frustration.

It was difficult but I didn't.  I was calm and collected. 
    It's like watching someone standing over you getting ready to dump on you one more time..... I just closed the lid on the potty.   I'm going to check into emancipation today.  It's obviously what he wants.... I mean second to me supporting him for free with no rules imposed upon him.
  • [quote=hunterseat]It was difficult but I didn't.  I was calm and collected. 
    It's like watching someone standing over you getting ready to dump on you one more time..... I just closed the lid on the potty.   I'm going to check into emancipation today.  It's obviously what he wants.... I mean second to me supporting him for free with no rules imposed upon him.

I know what you mean Beth..  Mine is an just turned 18 yr old that still has a yr of
    high school to finish.  

• It's difficult to let them go, harder to turn them out.

Sounds like he is falling right back in an old routine.

A new enviroment? That might help one or both of ya, best if not shared.

OH my 23 yr old may be moving back in as soon as today.

I doubt my advice is worth much.
  • I'm so sorry hunter, wish there was something I could say to make things better.
  • OH Hunt I am so very sorry.  I will say that you are doing the right thing in drawing a line for him not to cross and standing behind the expectations of it.  As long as he knows he can be a turkey and get away with it he will.

Huge hugs.

• I am sorry that things aren't going well, hunterseat.It sounds like you have given your boy every change.Sadly if he decides to blow it,that is his choice.Hopefully he will wake up before its' too late.Good luck & stay blessed....
    Hugs...HorseSpirit {Connie}
  • I have a real intense job and couldn't do much thinking but, after 9 hours, I came home and talked to him.  (he called me at work and I asked him to come to the house - he's at elfboy's)  I gave him some guidelines (very harsh to start with, I have to admit) but he has no interest in following my rules.  He's trying to find boxes to pack his stuff and throw away the rest.  He's going to Memphis to stay with his cousin and her 5 kids, boyfriend, sponging relatives....etc.  Lots of bad influence.... [>:]  That's his choice.  He's made it. 
    I want to say that I've had him in the court system, as most of you know.  He wore a tracking bracelet for 2 years and just graduated from a 5 month program.  (thank you Connie [':)'])  I'm through - he has no more chances and he was told that VERY recently but he's made his choices.  I am in touch with a couple who work with a judge in Memphis and know alot about juvenile delinquents.  I felt better after speaking with her this evening.  I feel like I'm doing the right thing. 
    (in case you're thinking it - MS and TN do not have emancipation laws.  I checked first thing this morning)
  • Good for you for standing your ground with him.  So what does he expect to live off of while he's there?  Hang in there, HS!!!  If you need a vacation, come stay in my house, ride my horses and swim in my pool for free while I'm in Great Britain next month!!!  Seriously!!!!!!  Even if it's just for a week.
  • hunter you deserve candy
    how about a 10lb nestles milk chocolate candy bar? [':)']
  • The primary job as a parent is to prepare a child for life.

Often it doesn't become evident for quite sometime after they leave the nest as to weather the parent has done their job or not.

Even with the best preperation, the child is still an individual with genitic traits from both parents. Studys have shown these can mainifest them selves often without the child ever having known a parent(s)

Once you have done all that you can, or that they are willing to accept the time has come to turn them out. If they request help after that one often has to decide on merit alone to help or NOT.

• "Someone call the cops please!!!"

I hear you lady!!! 

Been there done that. And have the tire marks to prove it. 

Well, let me tell you this my friend. As hard as this is right now. As much as you have NEVER wanted this for your child. As much as you see your dreams for your child slipping away. As much as you have sacrificed to get this close then have everything continue to fall about... it gets better. It feels awful at first. You feel defeated, and miserable. But then you realize that you can breath again. And that you didn't make this choice for him. But that he made the choice. Let him go... It will be the hardest thing you ever do in your life. But it is for the best. For the both of you. Your killing yourself inside, struggling to understand what the heck he is thinking, And despartly trying to save him from himself. 

But we both know the only one who can save him is Jesus. He knows him. He just has to find his way back to him. And we all know that he is the only one who can make that happen.

If you need to talk call me. 
    Hugs and prayers
  • Thanks Jen and everyone.  I talked to my lawyer today about the emancipation topic.  His advice is to go back through the youth court system, try to gain control of him.  I'm going to try to find him and tell him he can stay in Memphis until my NH trip.  Then he goes with me and does better when he comes back.  If he resists I can have him picked up for running away.  No one in Memphis wants the PO-lice there!  I think I can find him today cuz, no matter how rebellious and disobedient he is to me.... he CAN'T MISS CHURCH!  (and they all buy his lines - they are his biggest fan base)  Later, you guys.