Quick Post

He loves me!..............He loves me?

He loves me!..............He loves me?
  • I'm a little shocked right now.... My best friend's parents and my parents got into a fight a couple of months ago and they moved away from our barn. We weren't allowed to talk to eachother but we do it anyway. He's my best friend, how could I not? Anyway, we were texting and all of the sudden he said, "I'm in Love."

I said, "With What?"
    He said, "A Person." 
    Me: "Who?"
    Him: "If I told you, you'd never talk to me again..."
    Me: "Tell me"
    Him: "Fine...... You"

Then he said that he regretted not telling me when they were still there. Then we talked some more and he told me about a time that we were talking and he had to stop himself from kissing me. 

What do you say to that? I told him that we knew we'd be together forever just not in "that" way..... He said that I was his forever and never wanted anyone else.... Advice?

P.s- He is my BEST friend! I have known him for my entire life--- We tell eachother everything.... 

• While it is thrilling to have someone tell you that they love you, please remember, you only have 14 years behind you and a lifetime ahead of you.  Take it slow.  Be careful.  I know it is difficult advice to follow, but respect your parents' wishes and don't get too close to someone who's parents they are currently at odds with.  It would be nice if you could just ask them if it is okay with them to continue your friendship with this young man, even if it is just on an email text basis.  Believe me, I know this is difficult advice to follow. BTDT. In the long term, if you two have  a future together, it will happen and it will be much better if it happens with the knowledge and approval of both sets of parents.

Luckily, you have your horses to concentrate on and that is the best kind of therapy.