Quick Post

The Lone Ranger

The Lone Ranger
  • Fantastical. Strange and fun.
  • Can't wait to see it! How do the horses look? Like Stbd's? [':D']
  • How do the horses look? Like Stbd's? No. Are they? They did a really nice job with Silver. They are using at least 2 horses, maybe three. One or two whites and one grey.
  • Most movie horses that are in the background are the good ol' bombproof Stb's. All those movie extras can't ride so they're safer on Stb's. What's funny is when you see the big gangly Stb trot and some guy who can't ride up there bouncing away! LOL 

The leads have to be much more sophisticated! [':D'] If you ever watch Bat Masterson nearly every horse in there is a Stb. And there are lots. 
  • Wondering if some of the horses are draft crosses - some not-so-good heads. Oh, and one of the horses in the posse is likely an Arabian or Arabian cross. Watch for the tail "flag". [':D'] I guess the lead "Silver" is a white Thoroughbred.
  • Can't wait to see it! We might be able to catch a matinee today. "not-so-good" heads... [':D']
  • We went and saw it and loved it! 
    Hubby didn't like 'Silver', the one in the scene where Tonto is burying the Rangers, because of the areas around the nose and eyes, kind of pink because of the thin hair and skin showing, he says that the horse looked like a cancer patient rofl I tried to explain it but he just shrugged and said that's what he looked like. 

I saw the tail flag and nearly jumped out of the seat yelling 'Arabian!' I have to show love to one of my horses breeds lol
  • Saw the tail flag too but Stbd's do that. Here's a video that boywonder edited. I'm so glad I found it. It has Miles, my horse that recently died, and Danica and you can see the dogs periodically, Maggie, Teddy, Major, Carmy... It's easy to mix Major and Carmy up but she's SO TINY!!  This was right after an accupuncture session with the vet. he felt so good but that last kick (at Major) threw him back out, you can tell. This is a horse that felt SO bad for so long and he did all this just because he felt painfree for a little while anyway. Amazing the way his butt rounded out. I wish I could have done more for him. Miss that big lug. 
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_91JSCOn8Q 
    I can see why the critics didn't like the Lone Ranger movie but it's typical Johnny Depp and I thought it was fun. 

btw, Maggie was obviously pretty active. That was 5yrs ago. I thought she was pretty old when I got her but the vet wouldn't clean her teeth because she was younger than she looked and he didn't want to damage the good enamel she had. He said her teeth didn't need cleaning. So she's probably about 9-ish?  

• IMO, the critics are stupid. Nobody expects Iron Man, The Lone Ranger or Superman to be great art. They are FUN and a nice getaway from our lives for a while. If you think about the fact that Tonto is telling the story to that boy, the weird stuff makes a strange kind of sense - sort of like a dream. It was fun. I enjoyed it. I think I'd rather go to the movies that the critics *don't* like.
  • Haven't seen it yet because it was the 2nd feature at the drive-in and I couldn't stay awake but want to. I agree, a lot of times, a movie I liked, the critics tear apart and movies they think are great, I don't get.... like "the Silver Lining Project?" Anyone see that? Supposed to be a feel-good movie.... well not 7/10's of it!! Mental illness is not a happy thing....
  • I know, Dana! I just saw a half hour of a movie and turned it off. The woman was put on 3 different meds, was depressed and tried to kill herself twice. That was just the beginning. Um...  no. no thanks.