Quick Post

The Boat

The Boat
  • Sorry if this is hard to read. I don't usually post long stuff anymore because I can't do paragraphs and such. Anyway - Today while I was home for lunch my grandson came in to change into work clothes and asked, "Did you sell the boat?" I told him that it's on consignment but not sold. He said, "Oh. I just thought I saw Papa's boat going through town." Then he described what he saw. I was puzzled. He left and shortly afterward I got a phone call. The boat shop sold the boat! A guy had been looking for that kind of boat to replace the one he had so that his wife could go out with him. The shop owner told me he paid full price (which was why I hadn't heard from them sooner; no dickering), he was happy to have found the boat and his wife had a big grin on her face. How weird is that, that my grandson would be driving through town just at the time this guy was driving through with the boat (which was on consignment about 40 miles away)? The boat was only "for sale" over there since late Monday this week. I'm happy, evidently the new owners are happy, and I'm sure the boat shop owner is happy. :D While I'm glad to have the money, I think what made me the happiest is knowing that these people are really happy to have the boat.
  • Durango, I am glad the sale went so well for you. I sold or gave a lot of Jim's things purposely to people that I knew would appreciate rather than getting the highest price.
  • Wow. How wonderful!
    Jeff sold a boat (HIS boat) and he was in pain from circumstances.  He put a ridiculously low price on it and a guy came right away with cash. The man couldn't afford a boat to take his kids out (there's nothing but beach and water here) and he finally got his boat. Jeff was totally at peace knowing there's a family who would cherish that boat like he did. It's not about the money. Thank God.