Quick Post

Is everybody sitting down?

Is everybody sitting down?
  • BOY WONDER IS WORKING.

Yes!  I'm serious!  I have to say, I believe God orchestrated all of this.

When I was trying so hard to get boy into the program he just graduated from - a good 5 1/2 months ago, I "happened" to meet some people at Walgreens.  I was buying dog beds for the two rescues I was transporting to VA where DarkChyld and mom2rum picked them up.... ANYWAY, the cashier asked about my dogs - a couple in line talked about rescue horses (they got the 2 that were running loose on MY ROAD!) AND rescue kids.  huh?  We walked out and talked a good half hour at the front entrance.  They told me about the work they do - tree trimming business hiring local youth who are "at-risk".  I kept their card, kept in touch, loosely.  Called last week and the guy remembered me and didn't sound negative at all, which left me with hope.  Boy graduated yesterday - today is his first day home.  Yesterday evening - BIG WIND STORM, trees down everwhere.  I called the people and they're at the golf course where the St.Jude Classic is taking place (VERY big) TODAY.  They said they could use more help and I just dropped him off.  They have another job lined up for when they finish this job.  He was surprised but is really glad to have work! 
    He's supposed to go to a youth group camp starting tomorrow after church and I'm going to hold him to that.  I know he will miss some work opportunities but I think these people will be okay with that. 
    I'm happy. See? >[:D]
  •  How absolutely wonderful!!! 
  • Thanks, j_c! [':)']  I better go get on a horse anyway, huh?
  • [quote=hunterseat]

Thanks, j_c! [':)']  I better go get on a horse anyway, huh?

Of course!
  • Wow!  Looks like things are going wonderfully so far!  Go get on a horse!
  • Sounds like boy is going to be keeping busy. Good! Hopefully that will help keep him out of trouble.
  • He was a bit of a heat casualty today but worked his heart out!  He goes to youth camp tomorrow but they want him back after.  I'm proud of the boy!
  • Praise God, I still believe he has his hands on BW. I can see your smile from ear to ear......
    Happy for all of you.
  • Wonderful!!!
  • [quote=HorseCrazy]Praise God, I still believe he has his hands on BW.

You're not kidding!  Why do we hand it to God and then get surprised when things start working out? [':)']

AppyLady, depending on his job situation there will be plenty of ranch-hand availablility!  Book your weeks in advance! [':D']

• Good news, a boy needs work to become a man.

Getting paid along the way helps to!
  • [':)']
  • Hay Hunters,
    I'm so glad things are going well for you and boy!  It's been a long road for you two, stay strong and keep up the fight, it sounds like you're turning a corner!

• Yup, I think so Rawline!  He's at a church youth camp with Horseless' kiddo.  Today elfboy called for him.   Yikes.  Honestly, it's all going to be up to boy how he handles the rednecks.  He sort of shunned one who stopped at our gate as we were leaving for church yesterday so I was pleasantly surprised!  The use of his brother's Toyota p/u is at stake if he proves himself untrustworthy.  He's going to have to have his work lined up and then he can be more in control.  OH and he needs to pass his driving test.
  •  

This is great new Hunter.  I love this note from gun.  It is so true.  BW will come into his own when he finds what work does... $$$ translates into stability and goodies (if there is enough of the green stuff!).  Glad you are happy too.  That is the very best part.

[quote=gunslinger598]
    Good news, a boy needs work to become a man.

Getting paid along the way helps to!