Quick Post

Horse Wedding????

Horse Wedding????
  • Alright Im not sure if this is the right place to post this or not but im getting married this October. I want to do it on my horses and was just wondering if yall had any good ideas as to how this could be done? Any ideas please :)
  • Went to a great horse wedding last summer!!!  [':D']  I can tell you a couple of things that seemed very sensible.
    1. bomb proof horses (they matched, too!!)
    2. there was no looong traditional wedding dress - a train wreck waiting to happen
    Okay, that's it.  The rest was wonderful.  I'm hoping the bride will log on and fill in some details.  She may have a picture or two.  [':)']
  • Plus one of our members is planning a horseback wedding for later this year.  She will be riding side saddle!  A horseback wedding sounds great.  I agree, bombproof horses and NO long gown are smart choices to make.

Happy marriage.
  • Yes I have pictures. How many and what part would you like to see?
  • This is a good one?

• I agree definately bombproof horses! I would love to try and get matching horses but not sure I could do that.

Love the picture that is so pretty! ':)'

Thank yall so much! ':)'
  • Eons ago (because I'm old) a friend of mine got married on horseback. The groom's and her horses did not match. Back then there were western clothes that were somewhat formal. Wool or wool blend pants and chaleco (pr. shalayko), which is Spanish for vest and a western shirt. The vests were hip length with no buttons. She wore a white set and he wore a nice western suit. Their best man and bridesmaid were on horseback, also. I cannot remember whether the preacher was on horseback or not. I kind of don't think so. Anyway, it was beautiful. [&:]

• Yeah thats what I was kind of wanting to do is have the bride, groom, bridesmaid, and best man on horses and maybe the preacher if possible. I think it would look good even if the horses didnt match though. I bet it was beautiful! ':)'
  • DH, your saddle looks like my old TexTan. And please tell me that your cell phone was off. [':D']
  • That was some clean saddle!! [':D']
    The preacher stood on a hay bale and had a mic wired to the tree above.  It was HOT but we were all pretty much in the shade. 
    They rode in from different directions and rode off together.  It was lovely! [':)']
    Just a totally cool wedding all the way around....location, entertainment, food.... 
  • forgot to mention Pilot's buddies doing a two-plane flyover.... that rocked!! [':D']
    ...and can you see the sequins glued to Sonny's butt? (the horse, not the bride)
  • I love the purple!
  • That is my Crates saddle. It is beautiful but it doesn't fit the horse it is inted for very well. [&:]
    Someone [';)'] worked really hard cleaning all the tack. 
    The cell phones were on I think. [X(] 
    And yes there was a "missing man" flyover by some EAA pilots, Every shade of purple, bubbles, traditional mexican dancers, mexican bbq, country western singer, saxaphone duet, etc... etc...etc...
    People are still talking about it, someone today in fact. [':D']
  • If you are looking for a bombproof decorated white Horse for an Wedding in the UK, we attend around 200 Nationwide every Year.
    Let me know the details
  • VERY COOL AWH!