Quick Post

QUICK!! NaNoWriMo!!!

QUICK!! NaNoWriMo!!!
  • [quote=hunterseat]

The pony was named by a very young girl.  There's another beloved character in the story that she wanted to name the pony after.   So.... no Gypsies.  [':)']

That sounds so sweet and adorable, Beth. [':)']
  • Today is halfway through the month and I don't have my novel halfway done yet!!!   [':o']  I better log off of this large sucking vacuum called "internet" and get busy.  We've got family feuds to settle!
    (the riding lessons are going well.  She's going in a lead-line class Saturday!  She has a surprise planned!)
  • Woohoo!  Getting there.  I stopped about a hundred short of halfway.  With a log in to Nanowrimo you can follow the word counts of all the aspiring novelists.

Funny how disputes often come from misunderstanding......  Poor Aunt Martha. [':o']
  • Wow.  I slowed way down but I'm not at a standstill.  Life smacked me with distractions. 
    Every now and then I have to scroll back up and check a name or flesh out a piece that comes back up later on..... I noticed last night as I was looking for something, a WHOLE LOT of what was written WAY UP THERE I don't even recognize!!!  I'll be glad when it's finished so I can read it!!! 
    Okay, looking for show colors for this pony.  Show is Saturday.  She has her clothes picked out but I don't know what color they are yet so... it's a great time for suggestions.  The pony is a small, bay paint gelding (tri-color?)with some white in his mane and white socks.  Nothing flashy.  He has one blue eye and one brown eye. 
    I think she's going to get a show shirt as a gift that's going to fit right in.... with..... WHAT COLOR?  (she's a very small girl)
    ETA:  I have to do about 2000 words a day for me to finish.  *gulp*
  • Got my 2000 (about) written yesterday!  I might have to write through lunch to make it today.  Sorta busy. 
    No ideas on color?  I think I'll use the mustang makeover champion's colors then. (Turquoise)  I heard her get some compliments.  [':)']
  • Of course purple because it is the best color and it goes with every color horse. Turquoise seems to go well with most horse colors too but would be my second choice. 

Good job sticking with it!
  • Turquoise, or any light blue color really, does pop on a dark brown horse. Not sure if it would pop on white. Purple works too. Or green.

I like green. [':)']
  • I LOVE green!!  Hunter green [':D']  It looks so good on brown horses!!!
  • Just wrote over 4000 words!  I'm on a pretty good track now.  I have to write less than 2000 a day now to finish.  I hope to write another good stretch tomorrow.  It's still Thursday night there and the show isn't until Saturday.  I'm rethinking turquoise and decided to make it baby blue to match her eyes.  (she got a show shirt)
    We just got through making turkey apples. [':D']
  • I give.  I just give up this year.  Too many distractions.  I'm not even to the half way point in my word count yet!
  • You're a lot further along than I was last year.  Shoot j_c.  All those words.  I'm not positive I'll make it.  I didn't write anything today.  I may do a little still tonight.
    You've got a book published out of this craziness!  That's so awesome!
    So many of your buddies were finished LAST WEEK!!
  • I know - I look at my buddy list and see all these finished bars staring at me!  I've got a trip to MI coming up as well.  Just made 1/2 way point tonight.  ARGH!  Still writing, but not liking this book at all so far - not going how I want which I think is also having a negative impact on my word count.  Bleh. 

I don't remember being this stressed my first year...
  • but not liking this book at all so far - not going how I want

You know in your heart that really doesn't matter to the nano folks.  But in your heart it matters to you.  There's still time for it to change directions.  Turn it loose and set it free.....somewhere in the middle of Montana..... 

You'll always be an inspiration.  (plus you guys are cool in the boy's book!)
  • Wow!  Massive stall-out!  I'm looking forward to the holiday and some serious catch-up writing!!!  Not worried at this point.

• Thanks!  Glad you are doing well this year.  I'm not going to get much typing done over the holiday since I'm headed up to MI.  I should have been a Nano rebel and worked on my main piece during this time even though all of my word count would have been from the middle of the story.  Maybe that is what I will do next year.  Look for me in the rebel forum.  Hehe!  [':D']