Quick Post

QUICK!! NaNoWriMo!!!

QUICK!! NaNoWriMo!!!
  • Go to the web site, sign up and write a novel in November!!!  Write as fast as you can and don't worry about mistakes.  (you'll have time for that later)  All you log is your word count.  Content does NOT count!  Of course, once you get going there's no telling WHERE your characters will take you and you may decide to publish!!  And NaNoWriMo can help!!  So jump on and get ready!  November is upon us!!!  (save up all your halloween candy for your writing)
    TEACHERS this is something kids can do, too!!
  • You doing it this year HS?  Both Andrew & I are. 
  • I'll try!  I failed miserably last year.  But that's okay.  Tomorrow is a new year! [':)']
  • Didn't get to compete last year - my work schedule was way too crazy.  However this hear I'm going to be one of those insane ones and try for 75K!  On top of that I have a trip to MI planned around Thanksgiving so it really is going to be chaos. 

You on the nano forums?  They are crashed - but once they are up again we should become buddies so we can keep track of each other.
  • *breaks out in sweat beads*  You wanna keep track of me? Then I probably shouldn't be on here playing!  I need to get busy!!  DaneHaven's nieces (who are already novelists) are signing on, too.  They're high-schoolers.  THEY want to keep track of me TOO!  AAAAGGGGHHHH!!!!  *runs away to hide*
  • LOL - and you see where I am at right now, right?  On here as well.  Yikes.  I need to figure out how to turn off my internal editor.  I keep trying to make it all "good" as I go.  Over 800 words this last hour - but dang, I was hoping to be further than that. 
  • I'm hunterseat on there, too.  And she's Little Mader.  I don't know how she figured out how to be my buddy.  I'm just trying to write!  I did 1001 pretty quickly but gotta call it a  night.  It's been a productive day!  And tomorrow starts about 4:45am soooo..... night!
    (I have to fight the internal editor myself)
  • I'm at 2472 words right now.  My goal is 2700 every day.  Going to get myself some tea and seeing if I can finish the last few hundred while I enjoy that.  If I'm there by the time I'm done - too bad, I'm headed to bed. 

Not sure how much time I will be on the actual Nano site - that thing is running horribly slow for me!
  • I'm  hoping to write some on my lunch breaks and some after WORK. (I don't know why I put school there the first time - caffeine low-level light is on)  I guess it's about 1700/day to make 50K.  Figures I'm already behind. [':)']  I'll get there!  I got Little Mader watching me!!!
  • Yup - its 1667 to get exactly 50 k - but that is cutting it close.  Seems you and Andrew are in the big race to catch up and I will be if I don't stop procrastinating! 
  • I'm just about caught up but I know I will have to do more on some days....  I think I got a rhythm going in my story right now, though I have NO clue where this is taking me. 
    At this rate I HAVE to write on my lunch break and then when I get home.  BUT I'll keep puttering along.  I'm okay right now..... *wipes brow*  and it's just day 2!
  • It is so easy to fall behind!  But so far so good.  I'm at over 5k.  However - this story has a mind of its own - characters and creatures are all adding themselves and I have no idea where the came from!  Oh well, its a fun journey.
  • Okay, I signed up but I'm 2 days behind!!  Gotta get writing!
  • 809 words so far......
  • Dana, you'll probably leave me in the dirt!!  [':)'] I better git ta writing!
    And remember!  Don't make corrections!  It'll only slow ya down!!  [':D']