Quick Post

Hi from the middle east, soon to be California!

Hi from the middle east, soon to be California!
  • Hi!

I am new the whole forum thing, but looking forward to meeting new people!

I am a rider of 12 years, everything from saddle seat to eventing. I love all the breeds, very partial to appys though. I really enjoy resue horses, and working with horses with issues.

I currently own 2 horses, one i havent even met yet other then by photo. I have a yearling Appy/friesian cross, Riveting Design, and a 15 yr old AQHA mare, Sweetly Irresistible. I am hoping to do some eventing or dressage with the appy cross, and some WP with the mare. I swore i would never do it (WP), but some stressful times here in the middle east is making me look forward to slowing down a bit, at least for a little while.

I am currently in the Navy, as a master at arms (military police) and a military working dog handler. LOL i love explosives.... i am due to be stationed in san diego ca at the deployable dog unit.

I am a fanatic of animal health care, and love working for the vets as an assistant. I hope to get my vet tech degree when i get out and specialize somehow in the horse industry. Not quite sure how yet...

I look forward to learning from everyone!

• Well hi there!
    It's nice to have another person who events on here, I'm a die-hard eventer with a Dutch Warmblood/Thoroughbred. I bet your Appy cross is quite a sight!
    I hope you enjoy the forum and make a safe trip home to Cali
  • LOL,
    McPon, the appy, is a riot. He is still a stud colt, and thinks he is a dog. (my fiance has NO horse experience, but he goes to see him every week for me. Unfortunetly he is a very very large guy with no idea of what it means to teach a yearling stud colt how to play tag...)

I used to lease a trek mare, a grand daughter of Abdulla. She was BOLD to the fences and hated dressage. Her and I had so much fun! She is a mom now, and pretty much retired. I had gone to 1 mini trial with her and several combined tests, and we did great. She could be evil to ride and i love every minuet of it!

How long have you been eventing? I heard san diego is quite the eventing place...

Thank you for the hello!
  • Awh, well I hope your little one comes along well!
    My guy is a jumper for sure, he tolerates dressage but it frustrates him because it's hard for him right now, he has a few things to figure out and get the hang of. lol. Cross country and stadium he dominates, he takes off and is such a blast to ride! Mares can be little devils, I was riding one for a few months and she was quite the handfull.
    I have been eventing for about 6 years or so, riding for about 12. I haven't evented on the west coast but Ram Tap is a great event that I would love to check out someday, the east coast has amazing events all over the place and plenty of schooling shows so it's a great area to be in!

• Welcome to the forum.  I think you'll like it here.  There are some great folks on here that just love pics and funny stories.  Me included!!  But we take the good with the bad and try our best to help so post away and visit. 
  • welcome!!
    i love your avatar very nice butt i like the color lol
    happy posting!!
  • Welcome from Ohio

the little blanket appy in the pic would almost pass for another one
    on this forum.    Hunterseats Dani.

I used to work with explosives too.   I worked shooting blast holes
    everyday all my hard work went up in smoke and dust.   LOL....

You will like it here.
  • Welcome My Military Sister.
    Im in the Tenn Air National Guard and work full time at the Base.
    Theres some good people here, you will like it.
    as my name says, Im Horseless.[':D'] In English it means
    I dont have any horses. LOL
    Use to have three, but not now.

• Hi from New Hampshire!  [':D']  Soon to be the Memphis area.  I work at the same place Horseless works.  We're Air Guard.  I'll get my chance over there WAY too soon but that's the breaks of the business. *shrug*

I have a little appy rescue, as SC mentioned.  AND 3 former harness racers adopted out of Wisconsin.  My dog pack is made up of rescues and my cats fall in the same category.  Sweet animals rock! (mine are all sweet) [':)']

Hurry home and stay safe!!

btw - I'm a former jarhead ejection seat mech. (AME) Instant high.  Seat mech's bury their mistakes. [';)']