Quick Post

Hi from Minnesota

Hi from Minnesota
  • I'm actually not a new member but it's been such a long time since I've been on here I figured I should reintroduce myself.  I live in Northwest Minnesota.  For any of you who may remember me I was leasing a Paint horse, Tucker...he had a bucking problem.  He is back with his original owner and now lives in Alaska. 
    For myself, I just bought a 2 year old Norwegian Fjord gelding a few months ago.  For now we just hang out in the pasture and do a little ground work.  I'll be sending him to a trainer when he's a bit older.  His name is Reidar.  I love him to death and I think he will make a great riding horse.  He's pretty tall for a Fjord, already at least 14hh!  He comes from pretty tall stock.  I was fortunate enough to find him really close by for a really good deal.  I got to meet both his dam and his sire.  They have several broodmares at that farm and they produce a few foals a year so when I'm in the market for a 2nd horse I know where to go. [:)
    I think last time I checked in here I was still going to school for equine science.  I have since stopped that.  I am now a 911 dispatcher. 
    I live with 2 cats (Oliver and Pickle), and a dog (Jade), and a boyfriend (Ty). 
    Reidar is boarded about 5 miles from my house at a beautiful farm with goats, sheep, potbelly pigs, mini donkeys, geese, ducks, chickens, rabbits, and several other horses.
    So, it is nice to see you all again (or for the first time). 

• Hi back from the Memphis area via NC! (long story)

Do you pronounce his name like Rider?  He looks like a great little horse!  Do they do that tolt gait?  Looks like a wonderful place you're keeping him!
  • It's pronounced like RADAR... so he will be registered as Reidar Love.  [8D] 
    They don't tolt... those are the Icelandics.  Fjordies aren't gaited. 
  • welcome from ohio

beautiful horse you have there.
  • Yes welcome! I live in NW MN too [':)']
  • welcome back Samsara!  congrats on your new pony!  Im over at the other side of the state if you remember me.  I know you will be happy with your Fjord.  Ive a few friends with them and they just love them! 

what county are you dispatching for?