Quick Post

Hey guys, old member coming back!

Hey guys, old member coming back!
  • Hey all!

I joined this forum about three years ago, but forgot about it for some reason or another... anyway, I'm back!

Three years ago I just had two horses, my Tennessee Walker mare and gelding Gypsie and Dakota. I have since became the owner of another horse, a Quarterhorse stallion (Jaxxon).

Anyway, my horses are all doing pretty well.

Dakota is coming six years old now and is doing great, though we do have some undersaddle issues with kicking... He's finally topped out at about 15.3 hands in height (I think) and has turned into a pretty stocky boy (for a Walker). He definately has a bit of an attitude, but it suits him... This picture was taken yesterday morning.

Gypsie will be eighteen in April and, though winters are hard on her, she's doing pretty good this year. She's currently injured, though... She got run through our catch pen by another horse the other day and gashed herself open pretty badly on her back fetlock, but she's doing better. She's 15.1 hands tall. This picture was taken a few days before she got injured.

And my new boy... It's a unique thing... I don't particularly like the Quarterhorse breed and sorrel/chestnut is my least favorite color for a horse... I always said I'd never own a sorrel/chestnut horse or a Quarterhorse, and Jax was given to me as a two year old... and I fell in love with him. He's still a stallion at the moment and is roughly greenbroke (though very gentle and willing). He is up for sale, though, but I'm seriously thinking about keeping him... He's roughly 15 hands tall. This pictures was taken a few weeks ago.

• Welcome back BayHorses! I love the pics of your horses. Jaxxon looks like my sister's Quarter/Arba Sonny. Sharp stallion!!!
  • Welcome back!  This forum seems to be picking up again.  Things were pretty slow and cozy.  Everyone on here now is soooo nice and supportive so it's a great place to be.  Every day we all post on the General Chat about our day.  Join us.  Your horses are all beautiful.  Funny how we end up with horses we didn't think we would like ':)'  I have a 17.3+ draft cross now!  Used to be an eventer.......
  • Lol... Yeah, Jax is pretty nice... Now that h's grown up a bit more, his conformation is surprisingly nice. Not the best in the world, but not horrible at all. His back is super short, and his neck is nice though it's a little short on my opinon... and his back legs are sickle hocked (I think) and he's a little cowhocked, but overall he's a nice boy. He's extremely compact, overreaches by several inches and is super, super smooth to ride...

Lol... thanks for the warm welcome backs!
  • Ha ha BayHorses~~out of all the horses I've had, including a Palomino, I love my Chestnut/Sorrel QH gelding's looks and coloring the best! To me, Dude is the most beautiful horse I've had! Welcome back!
  • Lol... My only real problem with Jaxxon is that he has very well sprung ribs and no matter how much weight I put on him, his ribs are still visible... lol. Even when the vet and my farrier say he's at a perfect weight, he's still ribby... Lol... Not much, but enough that it bothers me, even though it's obvious that he's not lacking in feed and he's on a worming schedule, etc...

Your Dude is cute!

• Welcome back!! Your horses are beautiful.