Quick Post

Hello from the Philippines

Hello from the Philippines
  • I'm Cristina and I'm from the Philippines. I was on this forum a long long time ago. I've joined some new forums and rejoined just to be able read and share about horses. And learn about other styles of riding and training. I use to ride bareback but was introduced to western in 2010 and had a go at barrel racing. Not great but not bad either. I own 4 horses. Well 3 of them are ponies. Frisky is a 8 year old native pony/mare she is 11 hands high...short. Hidalgo the reason why I joined the forum long ago, is also 8 years old native breed and is still a stallion he is 12hh. The latest additions to my mini herd is Clyde who I got in 2010, no clue what his breed is, he is a 4 year old 13hh colt. Then Sahara who I got this year. She is a half arabian, part quarter horse and part native. She is 2 years old 14hh. Here is a picture the first one on the left is Hidalgo, followed by Sahara then Frisky.http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff457/cintillate/Horses/group.jpg For obvious reasons Clyde is not in there with them so he gets a special close up picture.http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff457/cintillate/Horses/DSC09525.jpg
  • Hello there and welcome back to the forum! Your horses are beautiful!!
  • Welcome back.  Nice horses!  I am not familiar with your native horses.  Can you share?  I ride western (but a lot of bareback when I was younger) and prefer my horses to be not too tall.
  • Thank you. Remali and Connie. There are plenty of native horses around here, no shortage. ':D'
  • Hello Christina and welcome back.  My friend Paula was a missionary, Missionary's Daughter and Missionary's granddaughter, all in the Phillippines.  She talks a lot about the native horses there.  Also about the carts and carriages the poor little things were required to pull.
  • Welcome back and thanks for sharing!  Your horses look so different from the ones we're used to.  They look like they would be very nimble and have a lot of endurance ':)'   I have 5 horses, from 13.3 up to about 18 hands.  You'll have to share more pictures of your stallion.  Is he a cremello?
  • Hey pip-squeak! [':D']  Cousins still driving you crazy?  Did you go to nursing school?  Glad to hear you're well and still in the saddle (so to speak).  HUGS!
  • Hello. ':)' Yes I have seen horses carry a sack of rice and a person. Danastark, yes he is a cremello. I will share pictures of him soon. ':D' Hunterseat you are still here? That is amazing I remember you. My cousins kind of drive me crazy sometimes. I am in 4th year nursing. Graduating this March.
  • WAY TO GO!  4th year!  That is so wonderful!!!  I know your parents are so proud of you.