Quick Post

New to the Forum and Horses

New to the Forum and Horses
  • Hi All,
    I just wanted to introduce myself since I am new to the forum and horses. A year ago I adopted 2 mustangs from the BLM. Bucky my 3 year old buckskin gelding was already gentled and ready to ride from the Utah Corrections facility. Medusa, black 1 year old mare was straight off from the range of Nevada. I brought them home on 5/2009.

With alot of patience on both (Medua and myself) and alot of education and research we are in the process of gentling her and preparin gher for her first saddle. Alot of people would call me crazy for taking on such a enormous endeavor for a first time horse. But I know from reading other's stories I am not alone.

I hope that I hear from other mustang owners and share stories of our trials and tribulations along with our accomplishments and rewards.

Thank you and I look forward to learning from all of you.

• Welcome to the forum!!  Pictures of your beautiful horses, please ':)'  I'm Dana, live in southern California, have 4 horses, like to trail ride, do some low level eventing and have 2 teenage daughters who ride also.  Join us in our daily chat in the morning!
  • HI!!!  And Welcome!!  You'll find a lot of good information posted by trainer101 in the training section here. 
    I'm starting some serious work with my appy filly.  Though I'm not a "trainer" per say, I think I can do a lot of the basics.  When it's time to sit my butt on her back.... I might have to hire someone the first few times.  Although I've bounced well lately, eventually the odds are going to catch up with me! 

It's sometimes slow here but hang in.  Good to see new faces!!
  • Sounds good danastark thank you for the welcome and invite. What time/where do you chat I would love to join when I get the time. I'm still trying to get used to posting For some reason I am limited as to the pictures taht I can upload. I am not sure as to why. As soon as I can figure this our I will send you pictures.
  • Actually it's not really a "chat"  It's one of our forum sections called General Chat.  Check it out ':)'

I use Webshots to upload my pictures.  I can post them from there to here.