Quick Post

Hello from Frosty Ice Cold Florida!

Hello from Frosty Ice Cold Florida!
  • So I was being silly....

In all reality I'm half in Canada (northern Alberta where is is frosty and ice cold 98% of the year) and half in Florida with a more permanent note on Florida. I breed, show, and train APHA horses with the occasional QH and Appaloosa thrown in for fun and good measure. I secretly have a thing for Warmbloods and TBs as well though. I can't deny a pretty face regardless of what breed it is though.

I'm a passionate environmental activist who's been with the group infamously (if your a Japanese whaler) and honorably known as the Sea Shepherd Conservation Society, or lovingly referred to as "Neptune's Navy" since 2001. I'm also a major anti-slaughter and equine rights advocate and again am anti-euthanasia of the world's dogs and cats. I completely agree with restricted breeding by licensed stock and licensed breeders only. IE: Don't breed just to breed. Breed to better the breed and don't over breed. That being said I'd personally rather buy a prospect then breed for one... I do plan on breeding one of my mares next year if all goes well. We're currently tossed up between that and aiming for the APHA world show with her since she's awesome.

Other then that I'm an artist both graphic and traditional, I love long walks on the beach, pina coladas, and getting caught in the rain ;)
  • Welcome!!  I'm in CA and it's been cool this summer so far......

Your new paint filly is really flashy!  I have a 2 yr. old warmblood filly who is still going through the see-saw phase also.  I think her rear is currently about 3 inches higher than her withers, legs that go on forever!

You sound busy!  We currently seem to be running a small dog rescue...... out where we are, I think people dump them.  So far since January we've had 2 Tibetan mastiffs (one just flew to Florida to his new home!) and an American Eskimo!  Hubby says the dog hotel is closed for now.

Join us in our General Chat every day!
  • Welcome [':)']