Quick Post

Ciao everybody

Ciao everybody
  • My name is Ulrike, I am German, married to an American and live in Italy. In Tuscany, near Pisa.
     We have 4 horses, three Arabians, Ramir ibn Tamour, 23, Kaschim el Chamsin, 17 and Naseeba bint Taaleb, 13,  which we brought with us from Germany and a Standardbred, Fosco di Lucca, 8. We also have 10 barn cats and 27 house cats (I guess that's what happens when you're too picky about new kitten owners and take in any injured, dropped off or otherwise homeless cat....).
     I am 52, started riding when I was 11, and had my first horse with 23. I rent half of a 20 stall barn, have for now one boarder, and do all work myself.
  • Welcome! [':D']  You MUST promise to show&nbsp';p'ictures!  It's in the rulebook somewhere.....
    I'd like to make a motion.  The next forum get-together is at dhw's house!!  We can do barn chores for room and board!  What month looks good to you guys?  What's a good month, dhw?  How is Tuscany in the springtime? [':)']
  • Spring is just beautiful here. I was gonna say that anybody who's passing by is welcome, but I wanted to keep it short, at least the first post[';)'].
      And to make it even more tempting, we can ride the beach. We're about 3 k's from the water. Means, about an hour through the woods, and then we have about 12 k's sandy beach. But only off summer season, from 15 september till 15 may.
     As for the pics...they're all sooo big, 600 kb and more. And I still haven't figured out how to downsize them.

• [quote=deserthorsewoman]
    As for the pics...they're all sooo big, 600 kb and more. And I still haven't figured out how to downsize them.

Can you right click on your picture and click on EDIT?  Then IMAGE and STRETCH/SKEW?  Put about 25 and 25.  Whatever it ends up looking like in EDIT is the size it will be on the forum. 
    If you crop be sure to change it back to JPG so it will load faster.

OR just use photobucket or something like that.  I don't like doing that.  Lots of extra steps.
  • I did it!!!! Thanks Hunter.
    For you two days stay without barn chores[':D']